Informal Poll about OWK Ep1 Saber project

Since Teecrooz is mentioning the O rings, I hope you'll not take this badly, but the O rings on the Maul saber run were a fail I think, a lot of people are saying they need to replace them and the rest of the people are probably in the same situation but just not saying it. I have both this almost new saber from you with completely cracked O rings and a pretty old KR aluminium saber with perfect condition O rings. I'm a bit sad that I have to replace them as I will have to disassemble everything and I painted the washers and am not sure my saber will like disassembling because of the partial rethreading I did on the emiters to accept a M10 rod.
I think sourcing good quality O rings would really be a plus for the next runs :)

Since Teecrooz is mentioning the O rings, I hope you'll not take this badly, but the O rings on the Maul saber run were a fail I think, a lot of people are saying they need to replace them and the rest of the people are probably in the same situation but just not saying it. I have both this almost new saber from you with completely cracked O rings and a pretty old KR aluminium saber with perfect condition O rings. I'm a bit sad that I have to replace them as I will have to disassemble everything and I painted the washers and am not sure my saber will like disassembling because of the partial rethreading I did on the emiters to accept a M10 rod.
I think sourcing good quality O rings would really be a plus for the next runs :)

I would love to hear where KR gets his o-ring and how I can avoid this issue in any future run. If anyone has advice on where to get o-rings that will not split or crack with time, please let me know.

Cant comment 100%... but I can say I have had a box of HarborFreight o-rings in my garage for years.. and they are still nice looking and not dried out.

(not sure what sizes you are looking for though either)

The o-rings I have also look as new the day I got them. The issue seems to be how they hold up under continual tension over the long term. It's not something that's easy to assess when ordering since O-rings aren't actually designed to do what we're usinging them for (stretch over a larger diameter then they were designed for and get left out unlubricated for an extended period of time).

Even on the original props, most of the o-rings snap and fall off with time.

COVID has everything slowed down. But this is still happening. I'm currently waiting on an OWK from the Custom Saber Shop, because I wan't to see if I can make my kit compatible with their vented pommel. This will mean that I don't have to add on a separate piece for my run and that builders can go with an aluminum part from TCSS if they choose.

Last edited:
. . . I'm currently waiting on an OWK from the Custom Saber Shop, because I wan't to see if I can make my kit compatible with their vented pommel. This will mean that I don't have to add on a separate piece for my run and that builders can go with an aluminum part from TCSS if they choose.

Love this. I already have a spare one lying around and it would be great to add it to one of these sabers.

I have one from the delrin run too. Great hilt! As for the o-rings deteriorating, it’s not happened to my Obi-Wan but my MR Maul rings have to be replaced every few years.
Adjustments.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back