Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

I know this falls within "let people enjoy things" territory, even if those things are just imaginary wishful thinking, but frankly way to diminish the guy's accomplishments by suggesting he could follow up an Oscar win with a role on a B-tier streaming show about a secondary character he played 40 years ago that's completely inconsequential to the main series it originally was part of.

Neither him nor the Indiana Jones movies need any of that.
As opposed to sinking into oblivion as most actors/actresses tend to do (one or two hit wonders)?

Some actors may simply want the work to make money to live on instead of having to find a 9-5 job.

All I know is that I thought Quan was great in TOD/Goonies, he's a super nice guy irl who absolutely adores his fans(met him at a con), he was incredible in EEAAO which has proven his talent to be far far beyond a has-been child actor and as fake/lame as the Oscars are I'm still so incredibly happy for him. I hope he has a secret cameo in Indy 5.

All I know is that I thought Quan was great in TOD/Goonies, he's a super nice guy irl who absolutely adores his fans(met him at a con), he was incredible in EEAAO which has proven his talent to be far far beyond a has-been child actor and as fake/lame as the Oscars are I'm still so incredibly happy for him. I hope he has a secret cameo in Indy 5.
Yeah, I posted in the EEAAO thread that even with me not putting much stock into the Oscars, I was thrilled the film won so many nominations. They all deserved it, Quan and Yeoh especially.

As opposed to sinking into oblivion as most actors/actresses tend to do (one or two hit wonders)?

Some actors may simply want the work to make money to live on instead of having to find a 9-5 job.

Why should we assume he's gonna sink into oblivion, especially now? His Oscar win was about precisely the opposite: a career comeback through an original film, as opposed to, say, spending the rest of his life going to fan conventions or starring in streaming fluff to capitalize on the memberberries from one role.

Again, if people would be excited about such a thing to each to their own, but I think both cast members and iconic films deserve better than this kind of Disneyfication we're getting so used to right now. Just my two cents.

Why should we assume he's gonna sink into oblivion, especially now? His Oscar win was about precisely the opposite: a career comeback through an original film, as opposed to, say, spending the rest of his life going to fan conventions or starring in streaming fluff to capitalize on the memberberries from one role.

Again, if people would be excited about such a thing to each to their own, but I think both cast members and iconic films deserve better than this kind of Disneyfication we're getting so used to right now. Just my two cents.
Is Christina Ricci playing a secondary role in Netflix Wednesday series a b-move? Was Kevin Bacon in Tremors a B-Movie mistake in his career? Sorry, but the mere idea of having an Indy spinoff series isn't really my idea of settling for essentially crap. Clearly, it is yours.

It sounds like the old I'm too good for TV trope actors of yesteryear had. I'm a movie star! Nothing else will do! The small screen is simply beneath me. Most actors should be so lucky.

Sorry, but the mere idea of having an Indy spinoff series isn't really my idea of settling for essentially crap. Clearly, it is yours.

It sounds like the old I'm too good for TV trope actors of yesteryear had. I'm a movie star! Nothing else will do! The small screen is simply beneath me. Most actors should be so lucky.

Yeah, we're not talking prestige TV exactly here, so it would definitely be a step down. A Disney Short Round spin-off would not be quite the same as Noah Hawley's Fargo. So it's not really about being a movie star, but doing quality work now that he has the chance to do that and not just work. Which in turn is better for him, and better for everyone, since it translates into more quality projects and less empty cash grabs.

Obviously my opinion and I get you disagree, it's completely alright.

I cannot picture them letting the franchise die entirely. It has commercial value for a while yet.

The statement reads more like "This is the last 'Rocky' movie." It probably doesn't rule out 'Creed' type spinoffs.

I cannot picture them letting the franchise die entirely. It has commercial value for a while yet.

The statement reads more like "This is the last 'Rocky' movie." It probably doesn't rule out 'Creed' type spinoffs.

Then just like Creed we can finally have Mutt…

DF3039FF-2699-4763-B733-CE78A5A0C2EC.jpeg

I see a bright franchise future ahead.

Now THAT'S how you do a proper trailer! Much better than the teaser we got earlier. I know trailers are specifically designed to sell us on an idea of a product, but still I don't see how anyone can be mad at this! Very excited!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back