Interest Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - Destiny Journal

Sarednab

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
DOD-0.jpg

To every fan of the Indiana Jones saga:

FINALLY, after 4 months of HARD work, we are ready and proud to present THE Indiana Jones “Destiny Journal”.
This journal is an original story chronicling Indiana Jones entire three decade quest to locate two props intertwined in Indy history: the Spear of Destiny and Dial of Destiny. It is intended to be THE journal seen on screen in the opening scenes of the Dial of Destiny.
That is why it NEEDED to be a “Destiny Journal.” We loved the last chapter of Indy’s Adventure and this is our love letter to the series.

For those wondering, we have INCLUDED pages seen in the movie and woven them seamlessly into our story! We poured over reference of the original prop pages (two pages seen on screen in the train scene, two pages revealed only in the Japanese Press Kit, and one page show in some exhibition). Each of these pages are in the journal.

Let me take you on this journey:
This Journal starts in 1938, moments after the events of “Last Crusade.” Just like the film, Indy begins his quest seeking the Lance of Longinus, the elusive Spear of Destiny!
You’ll follow Indy’s adventure for the Spear of Destiny which follows the events of the fan loved comic. It will take you to the Nazi train and his discover of the “False Lance” in 1944…
The focus on these two props in this journal, the Spear and the Dial, not only seamlessly merge (you can read why in the Journal!) but the story continues all the way through Indy’s adventure from to 1969.
I enjoyed so much to create this diary.

I would like to thank my great friend Joseph (thegreatgalling ). For sure, without him, this project couldn’t exist.

He wrote the WHOLE story, I think he did this with his Leather Jacket and his Fedora cause if you read the story, you really believe that Indy wrote it! It is truly impressive! The entire original story is written in first person and includes some Indy’s deepest thoughts and emotions.
Joseph and I were in contact night and day, everyday for the last four months via chat, phone, videocall… everything necessary to create this Journal.
We poured over hundreds of pages of historical references while we communicated, just to ensure every detail would be perfect.
Every drawing is unique and totally handrawn (there are more than 70 drawings inside the book).

These are some more details:
- 176 pages (full of story, drawings, maps, diagrams, etc..)
- More than 70 unique drawings
- “Spear of Destiny” and “Dial of Destiny” story included
- Some Ester Eggs that all Indy fans will love to read
- More than 25 historical Inserts (that includes maps, picture, letters, banknote, tickets, newspapers, etc…)
- Smooth Cowhide leather used for cover
- Highest quality 90gsm Avorio Mill paper used for the pages
- Light aging for the book (pages itself will not be aged inside, just like the one you seen on the screen) and different aging on inserts according to the “era” of the insert.

This is a list of all inserts you can find in this Journal.
BIG thank you to Eugene Shin (shinema ), who allow me to use some of his inserts for this diary:

Insert List:
- Baz's letter (1945)
- Ferramenta Bill (scan from original prop)
- Henry Sr. letter to Indy (1945)
- Baz research notes (thanks to E. Shin)
- Helena Ship Sketch (thanks to E. Shin)
- Queen Mary Ticket (1938)
- New York Metro Ticket
- Taxi Card
- Pics with Indy and Young Helena
- Pics with Indy and Sallah (thanks to E. Shin)
- Pics with Indy, Young Helena and Baz (thanks to E. Shin)
- Marion's Picture (thanks to E. Shin)
- Mutt Picture (thanks to E. Shin)
- Henry Sr. Picture (thanks to E. Shin)
- Nazi Colonel Picture
- 2 UK postmark 1948/1950
- Piece of an ancient Greece Map
- Marocco Banknote (10 Dirham 1969)
- Italian Banknote (1000 lire 1969)
- 2 Bus Ticket (New York Transfer 1969)
- Piece of Greek Newspaper (1902)
- Helena Newspaper
- Atomic Bomb Newspaper (1945)
- Indy Wanted for Murderer Newspaper
- Indy Innocent Newspaper

So! Are you ready to think like Indy, laugh with his stories and sometimes cry with him?
Are you ready for the last great adventure?

The order list for this diary is OFFICIALLY open! (I already have a list for people that have shown interest and support during these four months). Spots are filling up FAST!
I will start with 15 Journals. After all spots are full, I’ll start a waiting list.
I’ll need full payment from people to secure spot 1 to 15 and a deposit from people that will join the waiting list.

The price for this book will be 395€ plus shipping (35€ tracked shipping worldwide)

LIST:

1: Me - READY
2: thegreatgalling - TRACKING: RC263096028IT
3: Fabio - TRACKING: RA00021533791
4: Marco - TRACKING: RA00021533790
5: Grisu - TRACKING: RC263096045IT
6: tigersharktoo - PAID
7: MCINTOSH275 - TRACKING: RC263096164IT
8: markpoon - TRACKING: RC263096102IT
9: fifthchamber (COW) - TRACKING: RC263096059IT
10: Yodatc (COW) - TRACKING: RC263096133IT
11: JCR726
12: SixFootJedi - TRACKING: RC263096062IT
13: TuckerMan - TRACKING: RC263096120IT
14: aldoha (COW) - TRACKING: RC263096147IT
15: julker - TRACKING: RC263096155IT

You can see a complete video of this diary here:

Some pic of this Journal!

DOD-1.jpg

DOD-02.jpg

DOD-03.jpg

DOD-04.jpg

DOD-05.jpg

DOD-06.jpg

DOD-07.jpg

DOD-08.jpg

All inserts:

IMG-0987-copia.jpg

IMG-0996-copia.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Sarednab for allowing me to be a part of this incredible project!

The fact that you made it a goal for us to get inside Indy’s thinking and emotions really made this journal something spectacular.

Because of YOU, this book is a memorable contribution to Indy lore, and an amazing companion to the Grail Diary and Indy Memoirs.

IMG_4565.jpeg
IMG_4566.jpeg

Since the movie came out I've been thinking about the Diary and it's finally come true...

It seems like a great prop with a lot of content and with some page views of the film, what can I say about Sared, as always, impeccable work...

You can see that he has done it with great detail in the writing and drawings and also great work in the insertions and that he has put a lot of love into the Diary...

I am very interested. Thank you for your hard work and obvious love of the subject. Ready to PayPal.

This is a real work of art sarednab. It looks truly wonderful.
Thanks Kathy,
Glad to hear these words from a great artist like you.

Ok, 6 books ready to ship!
Will be ship book for thegreatgalling , Fabio, Marco, Grisu , fifthchamber and SixFootJedi

I already started works on the remained books sold, so stay tuned. I'll ship all other books very soon!

IMG-1333.jpg

And another reading for the winter. As the biggest Indiana Jones prop collector, I couldn't miss this piece of jewelry. Diary from the last Indiana Jones film. Propmaker Pasquale Marsella aka. Sarednab. In the past, I have already bought 2 more diaries. The Grail Diary from Last Crusade and the Indiana Jones Memories. Like the other two, this one also turned out to be a direct hit. Honestly, knowing Pasquale, it couldn't be otherwise. Either right or not at all. Spread over about 170 pages and 25 inserts, the story written down is more than interesting and thanks to his hard work in bringing together the various connections between the comic and the film, the whole thing makes sense and the red guide is clearly visible. Like all of his diaries the quality is top notch and the aging makes it look like it is absolutely real. Of course, this also applies to all inserts. I can wholeheartedly recommend Dial of Destiny Diary. It's a must for all "crazy" collectors like me. If you miss it... it's your own fault. Thank you Pasquale for letting me have a copy. I hope to be able to present him at one of my next planned exhibitions soon
1699271841361.png
1699271854619.png
1699271864170.png
1699271871978.png
1699271883229.png
1699271892798.png
1699271909397.png

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back