Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

Good. I know some have very strong opinions about another installment happening, but I'll just be happy if the franchise didn't end with Crystal Skull.

Two hopes. No Shia Labugfudge and no retread of the "Raiders" storyline. You're only making Temple of Doom better if you keep doing the same story all over again.

*EDIT*

Oh, the Disney Castle! Perfect substitute for the Paramount Logo! It's practically the same shape.

I'm excited about it. Despite it's glaring flaws, KOTCS has grown on me over subsequent viewings. Glad to have Indy back!

I'm just curious if they have no Shia, what's a plausible explanation for his whereabouts? He is Indiana's son but it'd be cheesy to just say he's "away" or somesuch. Oh yeah, and Indiana is a married man now. Another mistake that should've never happened. I never saw him as the marrying type...

Oh, the Disney Castle! Perfect substitute for the Paramount Logo! It's practically the same shape.

I'm wondering about the logo, how the deal was set up. Don't forget Disney and Paramount already did two together, Dragonslayer and Popeye.

I'm just curious if they have no Shia, what's a plausible explanation for his whereabouts? He is Indiana's son but it'd be cheesy to just say he's "away" or somesuch. Oh yeah, and Indiana is a married man now. Another mistake that should've never happened. I never saw him as the marrying type...

Dude, wife and son killed in a car crash. Easy breezy. "Seems like fate didn't want me to have a quiet domestic life," Indy mutters at the funeral...then suddenly an FBI agent approaches with a mysterious message...BAM. Off and running.

Easy to redo it without shia but keep mutt - just recast. it'll have been, what? 8-10 years between 4-5, Mutt could have grown up and look completely different. He also could have gone into the grocery business and moved to wyoming and be completely out the movie :) Lots of ways to go. GIven the time frame it almost has to be a pass the torch flick if they plan to keep going.

HELL YEAH!!!

Ford is getting up there in years, and I've had my doubts about whether he could do another Indy without looking ridiculous, but after seeing him in TFA it's plain that he still has the goods for at least one more, and if the script bears his age in mind and presents an appropriate story/action he can still pull it off.

I wonder if Solo died in Ep. VII so Ford would be free for Indy?

Damn, this is such good news! Thank you Disney!

I 5.jpg

Last edited:
I think Shia burnt his bridges with the cast and crew in the last one. The only thing about Crystal Skulls I liked was the tributes the Brody and Henry Sr that were in the films. They could have ignored it, especially with Brody's actor having died, but it was a nice little tribute. Are we sure that Han is really dead though? He could still pop up in episode 9.

I'm excited for it. I don't know why everyone was so worried about Harrison for TFA. The real life guy broke his leg, crashed a plane, and is still looking great. I can totally buy into the fictional character of Indiana Jones going on one more adventure.

A dedicated Geriatric Jones film is nothing I can view. Indiana Jones is an adventurer in the 1930s.
The best thing would be to let him have a swan song for a portion of a film and hand it over to a younger actor for the rest and
get back to the 1930s.
Guess that is not going to happen now. I don't care about new young adventurers under his mentoring in the 1960s!
:sick

Man I hope they pass the gauntlet this time. I want to see Indy sat in an old chair in his home, nobly passing his fedora and gear to a younger protagonist. Ford has still got it, but the action scenes that made the earlier films great seem too demanding for him now. As cool as it would be- I can't imagine them doing a prequel either due to the Young Indy series :(. Fingers crossed!!!!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back