In Progress: Obi-Wan Kenobi Clone Wars

9-2-08

I got some Fiebings Russet dye off eBay and did a new belt. Took the opportunity to do a new buckle.

Buckle.jpg

Instead of using the powder weathering agent I used on the armor, I did it with topical paint weathering. The buckle's made of sintra and I bent it slightly to match the curve of the belt. I filed the edges flat and sanded it down smooth. Then I applied a few coats of grey primer. The top coat started with several light coats of Duplicolor Gunmetal. Then some light mistings of Duplicolor Silver. The a little mist of Gunmetal again over the top. After that dried I sprayed it several times with Black and wiped it off strategicaly to get the grimy look and the darker middle sections like the show. I'm really pleased with the results. It captures the look of the show but has a slight real metal sheen and looks like dingy metal.

Here's the final result with my pouches:

Belt.jpg

This has nothing to do with Obi-Wan but I started working on a belt for my friend, Bryan, who does Anakin with me. I scratch built a stylized buckle that is based off the buckle from the movie. It's mae of two layers of sintra that, combined, create the illusion of the buckle's buttons. It's bent slightly to follow the curve of the belt when worn. I did a similar paint style with a grey primer and Gunmetal base with black weathering and a light mist of silver on top.

Buckle.jpg

Here's the full belt with my pouches:

Belt.jpg

The colors are all messed up due to a strange mixings of light colors in my dining room. The inner belt isn't that much lighter in real life.

I scratch built a stylized covertec clip that's gonna be held on by rare earth magnets. So it can be taken off and on the belt at will and hang there by "CG magic" like in the show. I am also scratch building the tube shaped food capsules. Not sure how I am gonna do that or how I am gonna hold them on. Gotta take a trip to the hardware store to see what I wanna try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any news on this amazing project?

Just some pictures from Legoland Star Wars Weekend this past Sat and Sun:

llsww03.jpg

llsww08.jpg

legoLand01.jpg

Beyond that the costume is done for the time being. I have upgrades in my head but nothing neccessary. I am gonna start working with an armorer on some new legs sometime soon. But it's not a rush to get it done at this point. I am going to be cleaning up my workroom and turning it back into a dining room.

Thanks for reading everybody. Hope you enjoyed it.

10-15-08

Little update. I had some free time and some extra sintra so I made some more accurate hand plates this weekend. Compare them to the old clone hand plates:

Hand_plates.jpg

Pretty good match to the show hand plates:

Obi_TCW_005.jpg

There's not a lot left to upgrade. I am still trying to work with a local clone armorer on some more accurate legs. That's the last big thing. I'd like to mold and cast my chest armor in fiberglass and make it segmented like the show. But that's no rush. I'd like to make some more accurately shaped shoulders at some point too. I've also talked about doing a new tunic with a waist seam so it appears seamless with the belt on. But we'll see. It all depends on the level of TCW enthusiasm in the new year.

I am doing a Cartoon Network Mall Tour event in Brea, CA on November 8th and 9th. We're gonna have Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, and Clones. It's gonna kick ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and my friend Donny (foxbatkillr) started a project to mold and cast my chest armor a few months ago. We molded in brush on silicon a while ago and we able to do out first pull yesterday. It's sprayed on white gel coat with fiberglass reinforcement.

Here's the results:

100_4001.jpg

100_4002.jpg

100_4003.jpg

100_4004.jpg

Our plan is to get a few pulls together before we offer them up for sale. We don't want to deal with interest lists and stuff since we live like 2 hours apart from each other and don't want anyone to get mad if we take a long time. We'll get runs together and offer them for sale. Depending on interest we'll do more.

The early ideas is to offer them raw, untrimmed for one price and trimmed, finished and painted for another more premium price.

We have talked about doing shoulders and maybe trying to mold my forearm armor as well. So stay tuned.

after seeing the micro costume i said to myself this guy needs to do a clone wars armor then i checked out your posts and what do you know that is the suit i especially liked the shoulder pads and weathering absolutely great

Last edited:
Hello defyitall I've been look all over Google for some Sw:TCW Jedi general armour like this in top most quality for my 21st this year but I cannot find a way to get in contact with you as I don't seem to be able to find a PM button anywhere could you please contact me through email if you guys are still working in these as I have a few extra idea's I want put in a suit if you guys are up too it of course ;)

Royden_1993@outlook.com.au

Great looking build of Clone Wars Obi Wan. You inspired me to challenge myself in making an Obi Wan Clone Wars Costume as well. Thanks brother! Keep up the good work and thumbs up!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back