Henry Creations

Hi family!

I'm Henry from @henrycreations and I am going to start this discussion for my Thor inspired lightsaber. It is my second original design and I am very proud of it!

It all started with a few sketches on my notebook, that I then transfered to photoshop and started messing with ideas:

zn7b0slyjcy8.jpg
I wanted to base it on the Mjolnir as well as the Bifrost, to have its energy be the fuel for this saber. My patreons and I played with a few ideas, they shared a lot of measurements from the sabers they own, and we evolved the design to the last one on the right.

During this stage, we discussed what we wanted this saber to do. It is going to have a custom Neopixel blade, one of the bests soundboards available, a speaker, and something that I already experimented with for my Stormbreaker: a smoke machine.

We wanted the smoke to come out of the emitter on the top, as well as the vents on the bottom. This saber is very hot, you know, and it needs to dissipate heat somehow. Therefore people that wield this saber don't have a lot of life left. So the idea that I created for the lore is that it will present itself to those in need, those that don't have anything to lose, because are already dying or don't care about dying.

After a month and a bit, and a lot of modeling in 3DsMax and Zbrush, I arrived at the final look of the saber, as well as split it for perfect 3D printing. These are the final renders.

vgebmct62y4h.jpg
dxdyk2c0uifp.jpg
mmo21vfic009.jpg
s6haa2lyaob6.jpg
c0vto2z8qujt.jpg
All the pieces are split in logical parts so I can paint them separately, and where it didn't make sense to split, I also 3D modeled custom masking tools :D
b1cwaa3gi17x.jpg
muykbuhy2y89.jpg
Besides the main pieces, I played around with different leather textures, so I can print them all in high quality resin and test different paintjobs to see which one translates best.
vpe9a5xufhm2.jpg
But I also made templates to trace on real leather and non-textured pieces if I wanted to use faux leather.
brby73aia0uk.jpg
Now, the easy job is done. Now begins the hardest stage, which is modeling the interior differently and a chassis to go into and hold all the electronics. I have been immersing myself in the lightsaber world. Luckily we have a ton of tutorials available for wiring lightsabers. I will do it as professional as I can, with detachable blades and plug, fully detachable chassis, a custom set of buttons thanks to a silicone membrane, so I don't have to use the ugly circular buttons available.

But this is by far one of my most ambitious projects to date. It will not top my Stormbreaker but will definitely help me a lot when it comes to learning new painting techniques (I will be trying Alumaluster, finally!).

What do you guys think? I will update this thread as I go.

@henrycreations

Very cool project. I already love the storytelling behind the piece and can’t wait to see where this is going.

Looks really cool, can't wait to see the finished product....also...I need to see that smoking Stormbreaker...
It took me two years to make the Stormbreaker. I went through several iterations all way before Hasbro even considered releasing their cheap version hehe. I even wrote a book about it as a dissertation.

You can watch all about my Stormbreaker on my youtube channel here:

I have released 3 tutorials so far. More to come! Also I'm on Instagram at @henrycreations, where I uploaded all the good stuff.

As far as the saber goes, yeah! I can't wait either, it's going to be so much fun and definitely another dream come true. Smaller than the axe, since I changed my whole life and career to make it lol, I had to learn everything I know now.

Henry Creations

That lightning effect om stormbreaker is awesome. Are you planning to do a Bifrost teleport effect when the saber powers up?

I am in love with the design!

If it were to ever have a blade, it should have a white-ish blue-ish crackly lightningy blade.

Thanks guys! At the moment I'm printing lots of parts in resin, especially the fake leather parts to test some painting techniques to look like leather. I'll show you when I'm done testing.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back