How was Vader's helmet modified from ANH to ESB to ROTJ

so a good sand all over the origunal will do the trick?
As I have come to accept it seems they did very few but they did do a few things.
But yea basically a good sanding in all the right places and the correct little modifications should give you the result's in essence
but this will be discussed still in refined ESB part and then ROTJ to come

As I have come to accept it seems they did very few but they did do a few things.
But yea basically a good sanding in all the right places and the correct little modifications should give you the result's in essence
but this will be discussed still in refined ESB part and then ROTJ to come
great I have been waiting for a good ESB helmet guide for bout 3 years

it makes me laugh how SPFX recasted that DJ ANH helmet (maybe he changed a few things IDK) and then ***** on the Mike Warren when thats a purer DJ helmet

DISCLAIMER: For those who don't know MW did have permission to sell DJ helmets
Im pretty sure he's recasting the SL not the DJ, yes its quite funny seeing him compare pictures of a Warren helmet that's not properly sitting on it's faceplate and trying to say its warped and misshapen. I've gotten to handle/work on a bunch of pieces from both guys and its pretty funny the statements he makes.

Im pretty sure he's recasting the SL not the DJ, yes its quite funny seeing him compare pictures of a Warren helmet that's not properly sitting on it's faceplate and trying to say its warped and misshapen. I've gotten to handle/work on a bunch of pieces from both guys and its pretty funny the statements he makes.
But I thought someone said that the SL and the DJ are from the same source?

Can I be a pain and ask what they are I know that the SL domes a little different in shape on the right hand side but apart from that I don't really know what else is different.
That my friend is a discussion for another time and thread one I will not start here as it can quickly go deep into a rabbit whole
One I am not at liberty to go into here, perhaps the day will come where the Authentic cast's will be pulled apart in every minute detail but it is not this day :cry:

That my friend is a discussion for another time and thread one I will not start here as it can quickly go deep into a rabbit whole
One I am not at liberty to go into here, perhaps the day will come where the Authentic cast's will be pulled apart in every minute detail but it is not this day :cry:
Ok I understand I was only really wondering what was better TBH.

Sadly yes you are right, that is why out of respect and honoring to those I will wait until they share the rest openly as there is more to all but it's not my place to speak about it as of now.

But I also believe that there should start to be moved past this and we should enjoy Vader as a community as that is where the fun is.
it's nice looking at my TM but if nobody ells can fully appreciate it as much as me it just becomes a thing lol and I would love to have everyone who love Vader appreciate and partake in the full Vader history for his most important part the helmet.

Yes and there is now a guy that has recasted the TM in the end they will get their hands on these pieces one way or another so might as well have nice things could be another way of looking at it.

But also I don't wish that one guy to get what he want's and make money off of it so I understand why we can't have nice things

Picking up on your bold comment: Phil (And the other recasters) is the biggest reason why we're not moving past this. He simply can't help stealing other people's hard work and investments, then passing it off as his own. He's a freaking virus on this community, and he has quite the supportive following - especially on FB. And other recasters support him, because he's a....recaster. He's "one of their own". It's pretty sickening.

There's a better chance none of these details about Vader's helmet are coming out. And honestly, I can't blame someone like Juan for keeping the secretes locked up. I also believe some people (the anti-Phil crowd) like to sit back, and find amusement watching Phil spin his wheels, stealing faked details, and adding them into his helmet, then claiming he has the most accurate Vader helmet out there - when he doesn't. I'm sure it's also maddening at the same time.

And really, we're only talking about RAW casts here. Once the RAW casts are painted and finished, then it becomes relatively moot. ...and as I've said from the beginning, Vader isn't Vader, until he's painted and finished. ...as long as the geometry is there. Once you get a good painted Vader helmet, there's plenty of fun to enjoy.

Also - big hats off to Mike Warren and the DJ.

And yes. Details on the SL have been altered/removed — he called them "tells". Thomas told me this himself, as he did this to spot recasts, before I signed his buyer's agreement - that I never had a chance to send in. So this is why I'm saying - you can't trust all the details on the SL to verify order of RB and UK molds...

Last edited:
Picking up on your bold comment: Phil (And the other recasters) is the biggest reason why we're not moving past this. He simply can't help stealing other people's hard work and investments, then passing it off as his own. He's a freaking virus on this community, and he has quite the supportive following - especially on FB. And other recasters support him, because he's a....recaster. He's "one of their own". It's pretty sickening.

There's a better chance none of these details about Vader's helmet are coming out. And honestly, I can't blame someone like Juan for keeping the secretes locked up. I also believe some people (the anti-Phil crowd) like to sit back, and find amusement watching Phil spin his wheels, stealing faked details, and adding them into his helmet, then claiming he has the most accurate Vader helmet out there - when he doesn't. I'm sure it's also maddening at the same time.

And really, we're only talking about RAW casts here. Once the RAW casts are painted and finished, then it becomes relatively moot. ...and as I've said from the beginning, Vader isn't Vader, until he's painted and finished. ...as long as the geometry is there. Once you get a good painted Vader helmet, there's plenty of fun to enjoy.

Also - big hats off to Mike Warren and the DJ.

And yes. Details on the SL have been altered/removed. Thomas told me this himself, as he did this to spot recasts, before I signed his buyer's agreement - that I never had a chance to send in. So this is why I'm saying - you can't trust all the details on the SL to verify order of RB and UK molds...
I understand my friend and I agree I don't wish to help them or let them profit of these intricate details I despise these recaster's as much as anyone. But im being idealistic sort of like the hope for a better world I know it can happen but there are those who make it impossible so what can one do.

So I hope one day it can be moved past that is my hope there will be some way to but I also know these secret's are to be kept and honored and I will keep it so will not break a promise to a friend or a fellow Vader brother. You are right and even though it sometimes sucks that it all can't be discussed openly it's better it stay's out of bad actor's hands forever.

Hahaha yes I can see the amusement in having Phil spin and toil but I also hope for his sake he just stop's what he is doing and disappears but as long as there are people to rip off he will likely continue his menace

Yes but the awesome details under the paint is what helps paint the full picture in the end of what and how was fully done beceause the cast's have it all in the details haha but Man I can't stop looking at my TM im so gratefull to have one and to have finsihed by my own hand It's like I get to look at ESB vader everyday right off the set so I get what you are saying my friend.

Yes definitely

Yes you are correct the SL is not the full story by any measure

Here is a comparison between the ROTJ domes of Mike Warren (on the left,TM) and the Ghost Host (on the right).
Even when both domes in the pics have been slightly modified from their original form, there are some interesting details to be seen.

MW_GH_domes_A2.jpg

MW_GH_domes_B2.jpg

MW_GH_domes_C2.jpg

MW_GH_domes_D2.jpg

MW_GH_domes_E2.jpg

They are different castings owned by different people from the Rick Baker mold.

Thomas - SL - has nothing to do with the DJ helmet. Mike Warrens DJ offering happened because I was allowed to get the DJ scanned. At the same time it was scanned it was also molded.
so it was cast from a print?

Last edited:
so it was cast from a print?
I think we are all communicating over one another and it's creating a bit of a fumble for you ,as it seems we all have different ideas by what you meant by source

Both the SL and Original DJ helmet are cast's from the Rick Baker mold or US mold so they both originate from the same source yes
which is the Baker mold

Yet they where obtained by different people SL was Sith Lord on the forums
and DJ is Darthjones on the forums and both those casting's master castings belong to those respective people

The current DJ helmet offered by Mike Warren/Vadermonkey is as Carsten informed you yes

I think we are all communicating over one another and it's creating a bit of a fumble for you ,as it seems we all have different ideas by what you meant by source

Both the SL and Original DJ helmet are cast's from the Rick Baker mold or US mold so they both originate from the same source yes
which is the Baker mold

Yet they where obtained by different people SL was Sith Lord on the forums
and DJ is Darthjones on the forums and both those casting's master castings belong to those respective people

The current DJ helmet offered by Mike Warren/Vadermonkey is as Carsten informed you yes
No, the DJ pieces Mike Warren offers are cast from a mold made from the original DJ pieces. While the original DJ pieces were indeed also scanned, as Carsten mentioned, the scanning project isn't a part of what Mike Warren offers.
Thanks for clearing that up

VaderMonkey says the current DJ helmet is from a cast of the DJ - not a scan.

"The DJ is a direct cast
1f44d.png
In the case of a scan, there are always artifacts that need to be cleaned in the scan and the print- making it a great tool but you can lose some detail depending on various factors such as the scanner/printing method, angle to the object, shiny or dark colors etc etc"

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back