How was Vader's helmet modified from ANH to ESB to ROTJ

Imperial Weapon

One thing I was wondering about the ANH chest box is if it was sprayed silver first then the black was chipped away or if was just simply exposing white gel coat, now I understand that this is a helmet thread but its just one detail on the ANH Vader thats been nagging me.

joevader

Jr Member
Here is Mike Warren's ROTJ, next to a GH ROTJ.

MW_GH_01.jpg

marker2037

Hi guys,

I just want to say that the amount of information in this thread is overwhelmingly invaluable. I'm a newbie when it comes to Vader helmets and the lineage differences, but I've been trying to do my research as I get more and more into props, coming from the statue collecting world. Seeing some Vader helmets on FB, instagram, and etsy has led my searches to this thread and all it's information, however confusing and coded it may be.

I don't have much value to add to this thread, however from an outsider's perspective I can say that it did help me determine where to seek out the best Vader helmets and where to avoid those selling helmets with questionable integrity (after I read the thread, did more research, and then re-read the thread to make sense of everything). I think it's important that these facts are put out there for others like myself who are simply looking to get a great ANH/ESB/ROTJ Vader helmet and who may not know what is a true lineage cast (Mike Warren DJ), what is a terrific artist's rendition (Quasimodo V2), and what is a re-caster (ShadowFX).

So thanks guys. My only recommendation would be for some better grammar and less abbreviations haha :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.