How was Vader's helmet modified from ANH to ESB to ROTJ

Gary Kurtz has also been noted as saying that three copies were made. However, it has also been stated by Kurtz and others that only one of these copies was used on screen and that is the one that Kermit Eller wore on tour and now resides in Arnaud Grunberg's collection. No one knows what happened to the other two copies -- though I suspect that one of them is owned by Planet Hollywood.

Gary Kurtz has also been noted as saying that three copies were made. However, it has also been stated by Kurtz and others that only one of these copies was used on screen and that is the one that Kermit Eller wore on tour and now resides in Arnaud Grunberg's collection. No one knows what happened to the other two copies -- though I suspect that one of them is owned by Planet Hollywood.
Always interesting to hear all the awesome vader related inside scoops also was under the impression that the promotion tour suit worn by kermit was the actual movie worn the helmet was just repainted

OK so back to my topic quick I noticed the ANH dome skirt was thicker/wider than ESB/Rotj was it indeed so did they sand the dome skirt thinner on ESB/ROTJ domes

And if so what was the with for the ANH dome skirt roughly?

And does anyone know the ESB/Rotj dome skirt with?

Thanks

It's still not quite set in stone. I have heard 4 casting were made, at one point in my reading.

But Brian hasn't been known to skew his facts on purpose so I tend to believe him. He seems like an honest guy.

It's still not quite set in stone. I have heard 4 casting were made, at one point in my reading.

But Brian hasn't been known to skew his facts on purpose so I tend to believe him. He seems like an honest guy.
Very informative but let's try to stay on topic please. I have yet to find out a few answers. Please guys if anyone can help with any rough measurements even if your eybaling skills of an efx pcr helmet or something is better than mine I would appreciate it

I would help but I don't want to step on any toes. Mark put no restrictions on his castings. But I have no idea how folks will take it if I shared measurements.

I would help but I don't want to step on any toes. Mark put no restrictions on his castings. But I have no idea how folks will take it if I shared measurements.
Rather not the authentic cast as I do also understand that is sensitive

But perhaps the spfx Rotj you have I know it isn't accurate but I think you can use those and say the authentic cast is larger smaller. I think that does not give anything specific away and it leaves me open to interprate how I can go forward

I think that is a good compromise [emoji106]

Thought I’d post a pic of the Brian Muir Ultimate version as well which was reworked from the ROTJ original.
89DB751D-53F5-4958-B9F9-4EDFBBDC022D.jpeg

Again it’s in the eye of the beholder.

I don’t want to derail this thread so I’ll just say this and leave it alone: I think it’s a shame that you’d try to tear down Mr. Muir’s work after what he’s given to the world.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back