HOW-TO convert your NIKE MAG's (Markpoon's) Episode 5 is up

I'm about to glue down the toes on Mark's shoes and i'm a little worried about which glue to use.

Will the foam be eaten by some varieties of glue? Do Locktite make any brands that work well and are more flexible than superglue? (which I DON'T want to use)

Thanks for any help.

I'm about to glue down the toes on Mark's shoes and i'm a little worried about which glue to use.

Will the foam be eaten by some varieties of glue? Do Locktite make any brands that work well and are more flexible than superglue? (which I DON'T want to use)

Thanks for any help.

There's a newer superglue that is called flexible bond. It's just as strong, but it's more gooey and still allows a little bit of flex. If you want them to stay together properly I'd highly recommend this stuff. I have been out and about in mine loads.

There's a newer superglue that is called flexible bond. It's just as strong, but it's more gooey and still allows a little bit of flex. If you want them to stay together properly I'd highly recommend this stuff. I have been out and about in mine loads.

Awesome. Is that a Loctite brand?

I would make sure your wiring is easily accessible though, as even though it has flex, I can't imagine it coming apart without tearing the material up. If you use hot glue or something that will, do be prepared for you soles to come off whilst walking one day and to have to keep bodging them together. This superglue will give you the best permanent bond.

i went to the shop and saw a few loctite brands.

there was one called "power flex" in gel and in normal glue form. This one here:

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=257907801&sc_cmp=pcp_GSF_54066006

they are in 3g size. is this the one you got? none of the others say "flexible" on them apart from this one.

so this would be ok for glueing the upper shoe piece onto the bottom sole?

im looking for a glue to do the same on the revised kmags, where i will be glueing my new upper shoe onto the kmags foam based sole. so if these are strong and durable, i may give these a go, unless anyone has better suggestions?

Whilst we are on the subject of glue. Can anyone give me a name of a good spray adhesive for glueing on the fabric to eva foam?

i saw a spray glue in Halfords called "evostick". Saw one in Morrisons called "Bostik spray". and then saw one called "3M Craft adhesive" and "3M adhesive repositionable" in another shop.

i'm not sure which one is the best one to get? All i want is a spray where i can glue fabric to eva foam, then if need be, eva foam piece to another eva foam piece to give a strong bond.

I am going to try out something new on my markpoons. Instead of putting 12 LEDs in the ankle bubble I am going to cut out 3 tiny strips of el sheet in green, yellow, and red. It will be interesting, I will post pics.

Hello,
I'm new here, but I am kinda on the same lines. Instead of 3 different colors of EL tape, couldn't you just glue some translucent plastic over the top of one piece of EL tape, giving 3 different colors, and paint (or tape out) bulb lines. Then instead of different power sources you could have 1 (i.e. heal, sole, ankle)?
Mark

Here is the wiring diagram:

WiringInstructions2-1.jpg

hi Jedifyfe, if i wanted to experiment with a 6v inverter which already has a battery built in, what would i need to change for the transistors and the layout of the wires?

with the 6v the el inverter/batter/switch are all in one box. so im wondering how one would connect the led wire?

thanks

hi Jedifyfe, if i wanted to experiment with a 6v inverter which already has a battery built in, what would i need to change for the transistors and the layout of the wires?

with the 6v the el inverter/batter/switch are all in one box. so im wondering how one would connect the led wire?

thanks

Hmmm. not really sure.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just wanted to send a big thank you to Jedifyfe for making these tutorials! Excellent job, man! :D

I just became obsessed with this whole project yesterday. im about to order my markpoons, but the only thing that i feel like always looks kinda hard is the letters. what did you guys do for the nike mag logo on the back. i dont want mine to look super cheesy. what's the best method you guys have found for the back letters? Also what did you guys do to make your logos on the side?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back