Nike Mags by Rephot Upgraded Version

Klen

Hey guys, as i mentioned lately i got in touch with Rephot factory to ask them if an upgraded version of their Mags could be done and their answer was positive.

Aimee 16:32:35
need more than 500 pairs , our factory will make upgraded version
Aimee 16:43:49
If it is possible, I think you can join our company, as the CP2C promoter
Aimee 15:06:03
yes dear , my manager interested in this ,once he dicide to do this bussiness , will skype you that :)

So, as a big fan of Back To The Future i thought that i would be a good idea to decide together (RPF Members) what upgrades we wan't, what we don't want since Nike didn't give any sign of releasing the Mags for 21st October 2015.

In a first time i will take all your remarks, note them.
In a second time, ask the factory manager what would be in detail the prices of the upgrades.
Then i will submit you the prices of the upgrades to see what we want to be added or removed and when we'll have an agree together i will ask the factory for a fair price if we make an order together.
When i will have the final price and we agree with it, i will take notes of all interested peoples.

So far as i know, here are the upgrades Rephot's Mags would need to be accurate :

1) Slim toe box, with improved toe box
Toe Box.PNG
(Picture taken from Jedifyfe's video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsaYznKLFyE
2) EL pannels for the straps logos and soles
1.jpgairmag.jpg
3) Anti UV soles, colored to very light blue with pyramid texture under the sole
4) Better wiring quality in general
5) Better LEDs for sides pannels
201410030414348045700.jpg1.jpg
6) Lighter color for the heel cup and sole
1.jpgNike-Mag-shoes-3.jpg
7) Flat laces
8) Button that turns on light placed as official mags
9) More spongy soles
10) Higher tongue (i don't know if the word is correct)

For the maximum budget on the upgraded it will be you that will tell it with this strawpoll
http://strawpoll.me/5161168

Here are the requested things from you guys yet :

MitasTouch : It would be a good idea to request for electronics to not be installed to cut down on the price.
MitasTouch : Two things that they should have out of the box are the slim toe and flat laces.
MitasTouch : You may be able to ask for the midsoles to be lighter in color though. Oh and maybe leave them without the splatter
MitasTouch : the ankle bubble for the LEDs should pop out and not be flush with the heel cup. But even if you ask for no electronics the bubble should still have the grooves cut out for the LEDs to fit into.
MitasTouch : ask for smaller sizes to be available
cavx : the V2s are 1/2 a size too big all round

Toe Box.PNG

1.jpg

airmag.jpg

1.jpg

Nike-Mag-shoes-3.jpg

201410030414348045700.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
IfIf accurate and durable electronics are available and the shoes are around $400 I think that will be a good price. And the reason I asked for things to be left out is because I don't have much faith the Chinese factory can get them right from what we've seen so far with the V2s. I would like to be proved wrong though.

The overall shape should come out good though since Nike released their official patterns.

They will probably be $400 as the RepHot site lists the V2s for $320. If they can make a better version, then the price will go up. Give they also sell a V1 for just $50, I would like to see a no light version for around the $100 price point.

In the end, it is the shape of the V2 shoe that annoys us, not the crap electronics. We can all change those out, but we can't change the shape or size of the cuff, the length of the tongue (even though I did), the placement of the seams etc.

They will probably be $400 as the RepHot site lists the V2s for $320. If they can make a better version, then the price will go up. Give they also sell a V1 for just $50, I would like to see a no light version for around the $100 price point.

In the end, it is the shape of the V2 shoe that annoys us, not the crap electronics. We can all change those out, but we can't change the shape or size of the cuff, the length of the tongue (even though I did), the placement of the seams etc.

I agree. And I think we will still be stuck with the crappy waffle clear soles because I doubt they would make all new molds just for 500 pairs. I plan to buy your soles if these come out. The ankle buckles might also stay the same if they're not willing to remake them to match the movie. I have a pair of Cloneprops buckkles for that though. Also I have only modded one pair of MAGs with the electronics so I will have some studying to do lol

I have also been chatting with RepHot. I am waiting to hear back from them about what can and can not be done.

That rephot place sell the V2 for like $320. A gussied up version would probably near $500.

Maybe they could go the other way. Instead of a upgraded shoe, just make it so the buyer can finalize the electronics.

Leave the waffle sole off, leave the heel cup open, trap-door the card at the bottom of the shoe for battery access,etc. But they should put those parts in the box too, I don't mean leave them out entirely.

Basically have the shoe assembled just enough so you don't have to attach the upper to the lower, but leave all electronic access open.

The reduced labor should get the shoe price down.

That rephot place sell the V2 for like $320. A gussied up version would probably near $500.

If NIKE actually does a release, they won't be cheap. Sure this price is higher than most want to spend, but most have spent that and then some to get these shoes. My own spend is now well over $3 grand and counting.

Maybe they could go the other way. Instead of a upgraded shoe, just make it so the buyer can finalize the electronics.

They won't though because the appeal of the shoe is the lights. For me, it is the way the thing is made. What I love about the MAG is the minimal seam look.

Leave the waffle sole off, leave the heel cup open, trap-door the card at the bottom of the shoe for battery access,etc. But they should put those parts in the box too, I don't mean leave them out entirely.

Basically have the shoe assembled just enough so you don't have to attach the upper to the lower, but leave all electronic access open.

That won't happen. It will be a complete wearable shoe or nothing at all.

The reduced labor should get the shoe price down.

Cutting corners will only lead to yet another crap release. 500 pairs is a very short order. These shoe companies usually have to make a few thousand pairs. The low number is why we are looking at $300+.

Still tempted to get some of these in black and red.

I wonder if they did anything about the sole durability.

Nothing changed on these. I am surprised they are still available. I might have to get black and red set myself.

cavx

You'd think they would enjoy the opportunity to skip labor.

Also, yeah. The Black and Reds look good. But I do have durability concerns. I've heard a few members here say the V1's wear down pretty quickly.

@cavx

You'd think they would enjoy the opportunity to skip labor.

Also, yeah. The Black and Reds look good. But I do have durability concerns. I've heard a few members here say the V1's wear down pretty quickly.

It depends on what they are making. There was a time when they were all about high numbers and cheap products. Since the games in 2008, they learned that if they make shorter runs of higher quality products, they get re-orders. So you aim for 150% and hopefully they hit 95%.

I wore my V1s a heap, and the soles were good for about three months, then they flogged out pretty quickly after that.

I seriously doubt that the Chinese will make an updated version of these. It's the same as where air air got. Won't happen.

Given they have not contacted me back like they said they would, I am probably going to have to agree with you at this stage.

Something tells me they have (once again) put this in the too hard basket.

Hey guys a little update to let you know that i won't get news from rephot's manager until he contacts his factory.
Here's the last exchange i had on their chat.

Aimee 15:30:55
dear , my manager are thinking about this
Aimee 15:31:07
he need time to contact factory this
Aimee 15:32:47
we know the shoes and we know how to fix the shoes
Aimee 15:33:00
if I get any news , will skype you at first time

I seriously doubt that the Chinese will make an updated version of these. It's the same as where air air got. Won't happen.
I can understand your doubts Jedifyfe and i hope they will release them but we can give it a try and see what happens we never know. ;)

You are right.

The samples I got sent were terrible.
That's even after I supplied full templates and a fully stitched upper for them to copy.

It seems they find it difficult to do the uppers.

Changing any part of the soles means completely new moulds.

I haven't had time recently to continue this obsession, but I have found a different factory that can make all the bits seperately and accurately or as one complete piece , but it will involve a big investment.

This rephot is a joke, timewasters with no links to the factory.
They can't do Jack.

The factory themselves cannot replicate accurately as I found out.

It will take personally going there to even have a possibility of making a better version with this particular v2 Halloween version factory.

It's why I think starting from scratch from a different factory is better.

As for electronics, I can get all the bits made accurately without issue.
That's el for straps, soles and correct led boards, and switches.

I have found a different factory that can make all the bits seperately and accurately or as one complete piece , but it will involve a big investment.
If the investment is worth it they will do it, it's just a matter to show an example of what is possible for the factory to do, and see how many people are interested.

I think that even if the accurate version would be 500$ a lot of people would buy them.

Selling the bits seperatly could be amazing too, it could make us able to put high quality electronics in it and make it more affordable for fans.

It will take personally going there to even have a possibility of making a better version with this particular v2 Halloween version factory.

And why I went to China in 2009. Being on the ground gets a very different result to just emails.

2015 is running out fast. If we don't get something started soon, we would have missed the boat.

You are right.

The samples I got sent were terrible.
That's even after I supplied full templates and a fully stitched upper for them to copy.

It seems they find it difficult to do the uppers.

Changing any part of the soles means completely new moulds.

I haven't had time recently to continue this obsession, but I have found a different factory that can make all the bits seperately and accurately or as one complete piece , but it will involve a big investment.

This rephot is a joke, timewasters with no links to the factory.
They can't do Jack.

The factory themselves cannot replicate accurately as I found out.

Do you mind sharing pictures of their prototypes?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back