Nike Mags by Rephot Upgraded Version

I imagine MAGs are much harder to replicate than Jordans or something. For one thing, if I was going to have a company replicate shoes, I'd buy the originals, have someone meticulously pull it apart and document how it goes together, then replicate all the individual parts, and off to mass production you go. To make a copy of say, an Air Max 90 would require an investment to disassemble of at least a couple of sizes. So the original products cost could be, say, $500. Then on your mass produced ones you could swap out as many colours as you want and make all sorts of colorways to maximise your sales. But getting an actual MAG to pull apart for study, well, I can't see them doing that..... i guess they were originally working from images? But if someone supplies the plans, such as we've seen here, surely that should get you closer, not further away...... weird.

I imagine MAGs are much harder to replicate than Jordans or something.

Given I have worked out things on these shoes like the "hidden seam", these guys should be able to make these much closer than we have seen of late. It is a small flap which is the same shape as the collar. It flips over and attaches to the cuff. It is not rocket science.

I have just sent a few emails with the same request with a picture of the RD and the the patterns. I wonder how long it takes to get a reply.

With so many active MAG threads open right now, I posted this in the wrong one.

How much taller should a shoe get for the different sizes?

attachment.php

Does both x,y in crease equally of would x (horizontal) increase more than y (vertical)?

Last edited:
I didn't get any news yet about the upgraded version guys the employees keep telling that their manager didn't have the time to work on it ...

I didn't get any news yet about the upgraded version guys the employees keep telling that their manager didn't have the time to work on it ...

I would take that as a polite FO then. I didn't get anything either, so this tells me they can't do this.

OnOn this new prototype I really like the look of the upper from the laces onwardIt looks very much like the movie. The heel and collar look too puffy though. That could also be fixed by making the entire shoe like the lace and toe area.

So I sent back all the "smooth-side" shoes from HC, and only retain a pair of seafoam-soled ribbed shoes that I put MP's decal kit on. And I have given up on getting shoes, or really any other product at all from them, due to the defects in their current runs.

My only hope now is V2's, or whatever airair can come up with. I will say again, I really like what I see above, save a few things which I noted above.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I get some time off this new job I've started, I will hopefully have aother go at the patterns again, now that I have worked out the tension thing on my machine. I have this #40 "Venus" thread from the UK which is UV stable. You CAN NOT break this stuff with your hands, it will just cut you. That plus the new artificial leather I found, should be able to rough out a nice pair. I have also make one or two tweaks to the patterns and think I have the order in which these go together sorted.

I do hope these factories listen to airair. I have got no response from them about this.

When I get some time off this new job I've started, I will hopefully have aother go at the patterns again, now that I have worked out the tension thing on my machine. I have this #40 "Venus" thread from the UK which is UV stable. You CAN NOT break this stuff with your hands, it will just cut you. That plus the new artificial leather I found, should be able to rough out a nice pair. I have also make one or two tweaks to the patterns and think I have the order in which these go together sorted.

I do hope these factories listen to airair. I have got no response from them about this.

I hope so as well. I really do like the overall impression of the above pictured shoe.

Getting tired of waiting for an answer that will never come i am going to contact shoes factories in France and see if one want to give it a try.

Getting tired of waiting for an answer that will never come i am going to contact shoes factories in France and see if one want to give it a try.

It might mean the price going up, but if the quality is there, I think those that want an accurate pair will be OK with that. So long as the price is not four figures.

...and this is why my next project is a continuation of my old "re-upperization" that I was initially going to use the original K-Mags for.

Just as soon as my work-work workload isn't so (dare I say) heavy.

No one is ever going to be more detail oriented than we are here, so why not do these things ourselves?

-Nick

Nope i did contact all the shoes facotries in my region and got the same answer "we don't have the knowledge to do this" or they simply do basic shoes type. :(

I'm just going to wait until October 21st and buy the Power Lace MAGs that will be in general mass release for only $250!!!

Hahaha !

Tinker : "Not until you'll understand that they won't be released !"
Doc : " *BEEP* you !

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back