Question How do I set a different style? (answered)

Shylaah

Sr Member
FAQ > User Profile Features >Changing User Details

Listed under the heading of
Other Settings and Options:

What do the other settings do?
In your User CP, there is a section under Settings & Options named 'Edit Options'.
>>>clip<<<
Miscellaneous Options include:
>>>clip0<<<
'Forum Style' - only available if there is more than one style (or 'skin') available and the administrator has enabled this selection
>>>clip<<<

As suggested by this:
In your User CP, there is a section under Settings & Options named 'Edit Options'

Went here:
Find:
Forum Skin There is more than one skin in which you can view the forums. If you would like to switch to a different skin, select it from this list.

Please note that some forums here may override your skin choice temporarily. Use Forum Default The RPF Standard -- Star Wars -- Replica Property Forum -- Work Safer (theme under development) Forum Skin:

Selecting anything from the list and saving the changes doesn't do a thing.....
....and this is ugly.....

RPF%20page.jpg

....so is there a way to get something different?

Shylaah

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the homepage and all the way down the bottom left side there is the quick style chooser. Just use the dropdown to select a different style. There might be another way via the CP but I just use this one.

I have seen and tried that. It doesn't do anything either.
I have Windows XP and am using Firefox.....if that makes
any difference...??

Shylaah

Shylaah,
It might make a difference using firefox.
I had to stop using Firefox altogether where the RPF is concerned.
It simply REFUSED to load images and after a while I couldn't even load pages! Good luck.

RPF standard is dull.
The Barbie one is horrific.
Not a SW fan.

If I had the smarts, I'd create one for various themes: Classic (Universal) Horror, Modern Horror, Aliens/Predator/Terminator, etc...

Trying clearing out your cache and cookies...

...and just so you know, the "Replica Property Forum" skin was an April fools' joke from 2009 . :D

Last edited:
Montagar's 'clear cache and cookies' FTW!!
Oh, yeah, love the SW one--white on black!!

Oh, man, I've been going along these past 9 months with an April Fool's joke skin!!! How humiliating!!! Oh, well, live and learn.....or go hide my head in shame along with ONEYE.

Thanks Mutant-Enemy.....I do once in awhile have trouble with images not loading, especially trying to bring up thumbnails, but I'm more than willing to put up with that for all the great things FF does!!!

Oh, wow, this is sooooo cool looking now!! WHY didn't I ask SOONER! :confused!
Thanks all for the help!

Shylaah

Oh, man, I've been going along these past 9 months with an April Fool's joke skin!!! How humiliating!!! Oh, well, live and learn.....or go hide my head in shame along with ONEYE.
Shylaah

Nothing to be ashamed of the April fools skin is my choice if I use Chrome. Confuses the hell out of the wife. :lol

Nothing to be ashamed of the April fools skin is my choice if I use Chrome. Confuses the hell out of the wife. :lol
Unfortunately you don't get the full effect without the threads that went along with it. :lol

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back