Hasbro Tie Bomber rework

thanks guys peciate it very much
heres a bit more ..with excpetion to a few small details the wing is done! finally!

these parts will be cast seperate. the center box thingy does have a variation between the left and right wing..so I'll just make up two castings and let the builder remove the details for one side.

032.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

thanks again. Im not sure what I will do next. Im thinking either another Toy update set or perhaps an SS kit.. possibly the AT-AP . It all depends on what reference I can find.

heres a small update..didnt get a whole lot done today..I keep being drawn to the forums ..its addictive! seems the further I go into this the more small parts I realize I'll need to cast seperate..before you know it, I'll have super duty update kit rather than a few replacements ..
033.jpg

Im tryin..wish I could make it 100% but thats just not gonna happen.. btw, I was just thinkin..if anyone spots a part that I make, and it might happen to go on another ship/vehicle as well, can you let me know ? perhaps thatll save me time if/when I do work on the "other vehicle".

finally got some more work done. Heres the bomb dispensing pod? Unfortunatly its a complex piece ,so it'll have to be solid resin inside. Making it hollow wouldve just increased the cost I think. Still need to pick up some larger halfround to finish the details on each end.
034.jpg

035.jpg

Your cuts are so precise, TCSloan! And the joints so perfect and clean. Multiple pieces look like exact duplicates. Just like laser-cut parts that assemble so neatly together. Just how you do it amazes me. Do you use some sort of special cutter - anything you can recommend?

thanks CJ, I appreciate that. For precise cutting I use the Chopper. Its very useful but I wish it could tilt so I could get angle cuts.
while Im at it, I'll post a quick update photo.. and does anyone have a detail shot of whats on top of the bomb pod? I can only make out some blocks of some sort and the tow hooks but thats about it, the photos are too blurry.
036.jpg

037.jpg

heres another small update..but a big one cause Im finally done with this piece which has dragged on and on... the vision block piece Im going to cast duplicates and then glue those on before casting the whole piece..I knew I wouldnt be able to make all 4 of them exactly the same. I think Im gettin close to wrappin this set up got the resin and RTV waitin on me..
038.jpg

039.jpg

thanks 3D ..heres another quick update. This is the rear plate for the center section. The two triangle parts from the Flak kit were a bit tricky. I decided to make a mold and pack it with Aves. Then I'll use that as a master to cast the part.
041.jpg

heres another quick update..this is the bottom/center portion Hasbro left out entirely. It'll have to be a mutli part assembly. I think I'll have to leave it up to the builder to modify the rear or bottom part if they want to mount it to a base like the ILM piece.
043.jpg

042.jpg

Finally gettin some resin parts on. heres some progress photos plus some comparison with the toy parts. The brass tubing will be provided for the engines.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back