Slave 1 Large Hasbro refit

They are just brass rods telescoped together so they move when the wings move. Nothing special :). I used some electrical connectors as the main support with the hole and bent some brass rod through two 180 degrees and put them through the holes.
HTB1xXi1SpXXXXauXFXXq6xXFXXXg.jpg

They aren't super detailed but strong enough to hold the pistons in place and let ti all rotate. Once you remove the insulation it leaves a nice spigot which you can glue into where ever you drilled the hole. I find it works ok for a quick build. Detail the ends to make them look a bit better. Cheap and cheerful for the hasbro :)

Andy, from which kit are these Struts/Piston things on top of your wings ?

So its been a while. Ive done a shed load more work on the refit and now its time for the painting stage.
Ive built a rudimentary cockpit and painted it greys and blacks with some weathering and a slight hit of green. It looks great. I may do more once the body has been done.
The guns were cut down, thinned out and the barrels replaced with some brass rod. The ends are some biro pen ends , rom the local bank, (at least i got something back for my savings !)
Some kitbashing and replacing panels on the body, smoothing the nose panel junctions and some other bits. It is shot in Tamia primer (light grey) ready for the first assault on the mental amount of time adding masking fluid for the first shot of colour.
so here it is before any colour (apart from the cockpit)
SAM_4562.JPG

SAM_4563.JPG

SAM_4565.JPG

SAM_4566.JPG

More soon.

Great work, now you plan to make a fleet ?? :)
HAHA, yes i can make a fleet. Were there only 6 Firesprays in cannon ?. 5 destroyed and one stolen. Or am i imagining that. :) Would be cool to have the other paint jobs all together.

I did the moulds to offer the lower details to anyone as an upgrade kit. I have a thread for that just here if your interested :)

More done this last weekend. Nice to take a break and get something done on the Slave again.
So first hit with the paint.
Sketching out the main details on the panels before the weathering and layering take place.
I painted a tester on a hasbro jango beforehand to check the colours. I had seen the Slave 1 at an exhibition a couple of years ago and was blown away with the overall grey feel to the paint job. When seen in reference images only a few convey the really nice look of the model. So all colour references from other painters and such were thrown out the window and i have mixed these all on the fly to get the feel i remember. Also it is worth noting that there are at least another 5 passes of paint and colour to go, so this is just the starting point.

Heres the side
SAM_4581.JPG

SAM_4582.JPG

then onto the pink. Tricky colour to get right, but i think its pretty close. You can see the first layer of masking fluid to reveal the grey.
SAM_4584.JPG

Next up, more masking fluid to reveal the pink, then shot with my custom red. Once dry, it was dotted with some bubble wrap moistened with some tamia thinners and allowed to dry to create a mottled look, then airbrushed with the grey basecoat to lighten the panels in line with the reference!!
SAM_4592.JPG

Then rub it all off :)
SAM_4595.JPG

Well most of it ;-)
repeat around the skirt
SAM_4603.JPG

SAM_4607.JPG

SAM_4612.JPG

SAM_4627.JPG

SAM_4624.JPG

so thats it for a few days. I have 20 meters of fibre optics to fit into another job which will take a while.
Ill post more asap.

Looking great! I'm working on my Bandai 1/144 S1 and it is NOT an easy paint job. It's definitely rewarding once it starts to come together though.

Its coming on a bit more after another day and a bit of work. Some areas need a bit more time spending on them, but you get the idea.
im pretty happy with the results so far. Now its time to sit and contemplate the next weathering and detailing passes.

More to come at some point in the future. :)
AP slave 1 repaint 1.JPG

AP slave 1 repaint 4.JPG

AP slave 1 repaint 5.JPG

AP slave 1 repaint 2.JPG

AP slave 1 repaint 7.JPG

AP slave 1 repaint 8.JPG

Pazzesco... lavoro perfetto. Il kit dei pezzi della parte inferiore li vendi?
Hi there.
I will be offering a second run of these in a few weeks time.
Ill post it in the junkyard with an alert on this thread. Thanks Pazzesco

Flyscriber - are you using the archive X paints?

Jedi Dade
Im not using the archive X paints on this. I tend to mix them on the fly. I do have some archive X paints in my stash somewhere, donated by a kind client a while ago. I shall get them out and see how close i got with my "best guess" mixes.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back