Harry Potter the artifact vault

lynx0099 I only got scans. They are not the best quality but they still work just fine.

If you want I can recreate this cover art but I can only do that in late April or early May ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I could help!

I do own a couple of books dedicated to the graphic design work made for the Harry Potter films.

kJuMzuY.png

Very much looking forward adding a third volume to my collection.

from what i remember the launch date was june 14th.....which is only 2 weeks away!

i look forward to picking this book up!

Wow! Amazing!
I see something interesting on one of Weasleys labels.
Weasley Mega Box uses letter from Polish alphabet - Ł instead of L.
I also see two other labels I haven't seen before.
I'm sure that book will be awesome!

More info released on the inserts included on the book;

"This time, the incredible bonuses are: a booklet showcasing the design of The Tales of Beedle the Bard prop and a Black Family Tapestry poster."

ultraman Some australian bookshops already have it ready to ship!

Some will realease it on the 14th some on the 17th.
Different publishers... maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my copy yesterday. I only had time to page through it, not read it thoroughly, but I'm not sure what to think yet. I'm a bit disappointed in the quality of the images throughout. It looks like they just took whatever was available from other projects and didn't photograph things specifically for this book. There are a wide variety of artifacts included, but many we have seen before in other places. There are a few things I haven't seen good close ups of. I haven't read much of the text, but there is a lot of it. I hope it gives some explanations of some props and why things look like they do. Overall, the book does not go into as much detail as I hoped it would, but it is worth having for reference if you have the extra money for it.

I had a chance to take a look at a few pages so far... I am also slightly disappoint at the image quality.
Specially on the The Tales of Beddle the Bard insert.

A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department did not have the best quality images included within though.
So, I'm taking that as understandable.

On the bright side this one includes lots of information the previous volume did not.
Even though most part had already been commented on MinaLima's panels.
Having actual written comments and techniques of the creators are a really nice addition.

Overall I noticed that there are a few props that are best pictured than before, as the OWLs Crammer,
Also there are some design alternates as the cover of The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore.
Which I thought was a really nice addition.

Just got my copy. Wish there were more pics of the publications, but very impressed that they put a lot of Hogwarts Portraits in there. The image quality on these are great.

I got mine today and thrilled with it. For me, so much new stuff to see. I'm not impressed with the inserts, and they are not the reason I bought the book, so no problem.
This is only my third book from the movies, so I do not know what is new and what is not, except for a few props and photos.

I just got my book!

I must say that even as I am a bit disappointed with publications stuff I am completely happy with other stuff from the book (Cram it OWLs, Broomstick Servicing Kit, OWLs, Ancient Runes homework, Ministry Publications, Harry's notebook).

I was at Wal-Mart tonight and they have the Harry Potter Coloring Books. I have never seen one in person, and was surprised to see color props and photos in the back. The Artifact one has some really good ones in the back. I will get it next month, but, I just wanted to let you know if you want to check them out.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back