Harry Potter the artifact vault

sonicfreak04

Sr Member
Harper collins has been on fire with these new behind the scenes harry potter books based from the "limited edition harry potter collection" including the creature vault, magical places, and the character vault, now it seems there will be a new one released and this one I'm particularly excited about, its called "the artifacts vault" its suppose to cover the graphic designs and prop production of the series. The book is available for pre-order and says will be available in June of 2016. IM HYPED!!!!

that sounds wicked sonic!
let me know if you find more info on it.....i hope it has tons of design art and behind the scenes of the actual prop shops!!!
i really love to see the work space of others.
lets pray for good big pictures in the book and not those tiny can't see anything ones they've been putting out lately!

@PotionMistress and @sonicfreak04

here's what i've found about the book:

the-artifact-vault.jpg

Throughout the making of the eight Harry Potter movies, designers and craftspeople were tasked with creating fabulous chocolate-fantasy feasts, flying brooms, enchanted maps, and much more, in addition to numerous magical items necessary in a wizard s everyday life for example, newspapers with moving photos, vicious textbooks, and Howlers. Harry Potter: The Artifact Vault chronicles the work of the graphics department in creating vibrant and imaginative labels for potions bottles, brooms, and candy; the creation of Quidditch Quaffles, Bludgers, and Golden Snitches, lovingly crafted by the prop making team; and the stunning inventiveness used by the entire crew to create a rich, bewitched filmic universe. Accompanying the captivating text are never-before-seen art and design concepts, unit photography, and other filmmaking secrets from the Warner Bros. archive. This striking full-color compendium includes two exclusive bonus inserts Gilderoy Lockhart s classroom questionnaire and a Weasleys Wizard Wheezes catalog as well as many more surprises."

....that weasley's wizard wheezes catalog sound interesting!

hey sonic. i guess this book will be the best in the serie. i have already pre-ordered it long time ago. but now when i check my order i see that the book cover had changed a little bit:

61KFIumFvPL.jpg

also if you want to pre-order on amazon there are 2 options. i dont understand but there is really a price difference:

http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-...1455092826&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Artifact+Vault
http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-...1-2&keywords=Harry+Potter:+The+Artifact+Vault

i dont know what is the difference between them.

and yes as ultra mentioned, we already had weasleys wizard wheezes catalog in film wizardry, is that a different thing now?

hey sonic. i guess this book will be the best in the serie. i have already pre-ordered it long time ago. but now when i check my order i see that the book cover had changed a little bit:

View attachment 589617

also if you want to pre-order on amazon there are 2 options. i dont understand but there is really a price difference:

http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-...1455092826&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Artifact+Vault
http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-...1-2&keywords=Harry+Potter:+The+Artifact+Vault

i dont know what is the difference between them.

and yes as ultra mentioned, we already had weasleys wizard wheezes catalog in film wizardry, is that a different thing now?

Different Categories on amazon for some reason, they must have created 2 pages and didn't realize they are the same thing

First one is under:

Second is under:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been keeping an eye out for this one.

Trying not to, but have been getting really high hopes for the content.

They already had a printed copy of this one on display on the HP Celebration last month.

The double sale page probably happened due to the slight design differences on the covers released.
Hoping the second link lynx0099 posted is the final one. It is slightly more details.

I've also seen a third slight variant version of the blue one .

EDIT: I found out later that this book will be printed by two different publishers... Harper Design and Titan Books.
So that's probably the reason there is more than one page for the same title.

I wonder if these books are slightly different versions of the ones from the "Complete Filmmaking Journey" set. The ones they have released are the same topics and if this book is almost the same as the graphic arts department book, I will be very happy, indeed. I didn't have the money for the big set when it came out, so getting the ones I really want one at a time is a good option.

I've got the other three in the series (creatures, places and chracters) and I'm totally getting this one. I also have film wizardry and the original, one volume page to screen. The limted edition set had me drooling but it was so expensive! So I'm glad they're releasing them as single volumes, it's much more affordable. Any one else noticed that Amazon's listing has a few pages from the book as a preview? Looks like there's lots of graphic design stuff as well as physical props. I noticed a couple of book covers I'd never seen before!

as @decat mentioned, there are pictures of book covers i have never seen before.

9zvbxy.jpg

aelbab.jpg

eqtoc3.jpg

Last edited:
I literally have a book block ready to go for the Wizards are from Neptune, Witches are from Saturn book.

I just need a high quality scan of the the cover. :)

i wonder if these book covers are in page to screen limited edition set. maybe someone who has the set can check it out and scan for us if there are. otherwise i will scan it whenever i have the artifact vault book.

i wonder if these book covers are in page to screen limited edition set. maybe someone who has the set can check it out and scan for us if there are. otherwise i will scan it whenever i have the artifact vault book.

I just checked some scans I had downloaded from somewhere for the guide to the graphic arts department book, and those books are definitely in there.

The first one is. "Wizards are from Neptune... ... Witches are from Saturn"
I will get a high quality scan of it done when I get back home tonight.
The other two are not included.

"How to Woo Whiches" I had never seen before.

That edition of the "Advanced Potion Making" was only breefly seen on the Order of the Phoenix film.
But the entire cover spread had never been released before.

I can hardly contain my excitement for this book.
Possibly but hopefully not the last on the Graphic Design for the films.

nurmengard You have Page to Screen box set? Nice! lynx0099 Yeah, "Wizards are from Neptune... Witches are from Saturn" book cover is in Graphic Art Department book from book set! Got some scans of that if you want!

I am really hyped for that book!
Here's what is probably going to be in it if you believe contents page:
-Hogwarts Acceptance Letter (I am curious if we see some new letters never seen previously like Hermione's letter)
-Lockhart's Questionaire (not only there will be page on it but also there's going to be copy of this in book)
-Hermione's timetable
-Luna's lost list
-Valentine's Day Card (wait is that one given to Harry by Ginny in Chamber of Secrets but never seen on screen?)
-Cram It! Review Guide and OWL Exam (Finally we will get some inside look into Cram It! Guide! I mean we have seen couple of pages but I want more haha :D)
-D.A parchment
-Yule Ball Ephemera
-Potion labels
-Memory labels
-Lupin's Record (I hope to see some new ones)
-Dumbledore's Will (we've already seen entire Will but maybe we will see some prototypes)
-Marauder's Map (YES!)
-Tom Riddle's Treasures (Finally we will see these items up close)
-Paintings
-Food and Drink Establishments
-some Muggle food and drink
-Wizard Sweets
-whole 12 pages only about Daily Prophet and Quibbler :D
-textbooks (we saw 4 pages of those already)
-Magical Me and other Lockhart's books (I hope we will see more pages of Magical Me because pages I've seen before were amazing)
-Monster Book of Monsters (we've seen most of these already but MinaLima always suprises us)
-Dark Arts book from OotP
-Advanced Potion-Making (hope to see clear look at second contents page and second title page)
-Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore
-Tales of Bard the Beedle
-Ministry Paraphernalia (I hope public will finally see some of items my buddy owns)
-Educational Decrees
-ID cards
-Muggle-Born comission items
-Mudblood Pamphlet
-Wanted Posters (I want more!)
-Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes products (I hope to see more concept art and more early designs)
-Howler (I am really interested in other versions of it)
-Clocks (I really would love to see more)
-Tom Riddle's Diary

Overall I have already pre-ordered it and I am already waiting haha! :)

Kajetan.

@nurmengard, i would certainly love a high quality scan and i am sure everybody would like to see it :love and for advanced potion making, was that book even in a movie scene really? it has pretty 'badass' cover :) and how to woo witches, sound so interesting haha :)

perhaps this will be the last book for potter movies but they will continue publish new tie-in books for the upcoming fantastic beasts movies.

@LorduDesign, Kajetan, how can i say no? :) i really would love to see them close since this set was so expensive unfortunately. but how do you have the graphic art department book seperately? or you have the scan also?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back