Dolores Umbridge letter opener (Harry Potter the Order of the Phoenix)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Nowonder

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
e66dd9d1-c079-4ed4-8858-3dca07235798.jpg

Hello everyone, I wanted to share this recent find of mine: it is Dolores Umbridge's brass letter opener from HP5. You can spot this very uniquely shaped item on her desk in pretty much all the scenes featuring her office at Hogwarts. I've always been fascinated by this letter opener but could never really figure its exact shape. Only recently though, I came across some gorgeous reference pictures from the Harry Potter Exhibition, where apparently the prop is displayed, and I was lucky enough to find onelisted on ebay.

Last picture is the item from my own collection. Apparently it is a vintage piece from the early 40s, but unfortunately I wasn't able to find any further info. It seems pretty hard to find though, since mine was the only one I could spot online, and I must confess I feel incredibly lucky to own it!

UPDATE: I got the item molded and have started a run for a few cast brass copies. You can find it here: HARRY POTTER Dolores Umbridge letter opener solid brass replica

HARRY POTTER Dolores Umbridge letter opener solid brass replica

a1de4ceb-0fcd-465a-9f85-77acfc375eda.jpg
66749a6e-e067-4f4e-8a3d-30cdf83632cc.jpg
fb9e4c39-15cb-41bb-aa43-30b8e5a2c500.jpg

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Nowonder

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I started a run here:

Last edited by a moderator: