Harry Potter Battle of Hogwarts

The underjacket also seemed to have a logo - my guess initially was that it was a craghoppers top but a lot of their tops seem to all have a short custom zip with black tip - that's not the say the zip hasn't changed over time, but I think matching the zip is probably key to narrowing it down intially as its so distinctive (and *probably* unlikely to have been altered by the costume dept I would expect)

If anyone is still interested I found the jacket. Its belstaff and irs actually called the "harry jacket" lol. It may have been modded a bit though and its pretty expensive for making a costume.

Regarding the sweater/under jacket, I actually have a coat with a zipper like that somewhere, the pull tab on the zipper is actually made of what looks like nylon cloth with a little piece of squishy rubber or something on the inside. The jacket that I have was referred to as a "softshell" or "soft shell" jacket when I got it, so maybe that might help in your search.

Looking at it to me Honestly since it they are in "England" i wouldnt doubt that they are higher end clothes like Lacoste and RL even Fred Perry or it even could be some brand that they wear over there

but the under jacket is a track suit jumper for sure

I can help with the jacket ID. It came from Debenhams in the UK. It was part of the Maine, New England jacket range and was known as the Westpoint.

2011_0719potterHarry0001.jpg

2011_0719potterHarry0007.jpg

2011_0719potterHarry0008.jpg

2011_0719potterHarry0003.jpg

2011_0719potterHarry0004.jpg

Now for the bad news. Its two seasons old, 09/10 and as such has been superceeded by new designs. You may get lucky if one ever comes up on e-bay. It was an off the rack item so there may be some hanging in somebodies cupboards that hasn't gone to the charity shop yet!

Ah, I love you! Thank you!! Now the hard parts done! Oddly, it seems like they've changed the lining of the jacket, in the movie it was a light blue. Maybe the plaid was too distracting?

The lining colour was size specific. Small was blue, medium palid and large red. There were virtually no alterations to it otherwise , apart from a Maine, New England branding tag that was removed from the outside of the jacket from between the shoulders. There were several used that were "worn and weathered" and heavily distressed to match Harrys rather brutalised progress through the film. It originally retailed at about £50 .

So it doesn't look like it has arm stripes or anything, although the very bottom has a narrow stripe of the light blue.

By the way- Cutthumb, I'm assuming you took those pictures, so if you ever feel willing to part with that jacket, I will VERY happily take it off your hands! XD

I have to say it's not much of a costume because you can't really recognize it as one for the reason of it looking like regular clothing anyone would wear.

:) But it looks great!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back