Harry Potter and Hermione's FIRST DESIGN wands

And my take on Harrys Wand. The Noble Collection wand is just for size comparision. Not sure that the wood stain, I used is the best one but I think it looks alright.

Also not sure if the size is even close to correct. The handle part is rather small but I figured in the hands of an eleven year old it would fit.

Attachments

• IMG_1549 1.jpg
    IMG_1549 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 219
  • IMG_1550 1.jpg
    IMG_1550 1.jpg
    897.9 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1551 1.jpg
    IMG_1551 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1553.jpg
    IMG_1553.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1554.jpg
    IMG_1554.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1556.jpg
    IMG_1556.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 212
I know someone that has one of the original Snape film wands from the London Prop shop. The original wands were resin cast and there was a slight mold line down the middle. The detailing was sharp and I have to say that the Noble Collection wands are extremely accurate and well made. The detailing is slightly off from recasting, but they are beautiful pieces.
The Noble Collection coins, meh. If you can find them, get the Pobjoy sets, they were minted for the movie. The prop guys gold plated the Galleons. But I am surprised at most the well made and accurate Harry Potter prop replicas they have made.

I know someone that has one of the original Snape film wands from the London Prop shop. The original wands were resin cast and there was a slight mold line down the middle. The detailing was sharp and I have to say that the Noble Collection wands are extremely accurate and well made. The detailing is slightly off from recasting, but they are beautiful pieces.
The Noble Collection coins, meh. If you can find them, get the Pobjoy sets, they were minted for the movie. The prop guys gold plated the Galleons. But I am surprised at most the well made and accurate Harry Potter prop replicas they have made.
Hey, question, since they were resin cast, I assume there were no clues as to what originally held the wand and the handle (the cinnabar beads) together? Also curious if there was one seam line down the length or two, one on either side? Thanks!

A straight colored resin cast two side mold castings. Two seam 180 degrees each side. Noble casted off the originals and cleaned the seam lines. A tiny bit mushy on the details but well made. Not all the screen used pieces aligned up properly, so the castings would be off a tiny bit on those wands, used for further away camera shots.

A straight colored resin cast two side mold castings. Two seam 180 degrees each side. Noble casted off the originals and cleaned the seam lines. A tiny bit mushy on the details but well made. Not all the screen used pieces aligned up properly, so the castings would be off a tiny bit on those wands, used for further away camera shots.
Thank you! I hope to be making my own prop soon, this is a big help

Hi everyone, I know old thread but I found these images in a video about the prop maker from the movies and I'd never seen such clear images and thought I need to share them
These are amazing, thanks for sharing!
Is that a metal/bronze cap on the bottom of Harry's? It looks so smooth, and that second image you can see what look like golden specs at the base? Anyone else seeing this or am I crazy?

here's a paper wand I made of harry's from the 1st 2 movies. the end cap and double rings are made from epoxy clay and used masking tape for the wood texture.

Attachments

• IMG_20220421_151011.jpg
    IMG_20220421_151011.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 100
I got a PropStore auction catalog in the mail a few days ago, and they're auctioning off the hero Harry Potter wand from the very first movie. I know this thread is a little older, but it's always nice to have these kinds of HD reference photos around. One thing of notice is that the knob between the handle and shaft isn't bisected, but is on other wands, implying there must have been two main wand designs used. This explains the discrepancy I kept seeing.
XuO5CZa.jpg

ylONj2V.jpg

6tzfi5m.jpg

gjDnGX1.jpg

twHoIKY.jpg

PCdVvu5.jpg

I got a PropStore auction catalog in the mail a few days ago, and they're auctioning off the hero Harry Potter wand from the very first movie. I know this thread is a little older, but it's always nice to have these kinds of HD reference photos around. One thing of notice is that the knob between the handle and shaft isn't bisected, but is on other wands, implying there must have been two main wand designs used. This explains the discrepancy I kept seeing.
XuO5CZa.jpg

ylONj2V.jpg

6tzfi5m.jpg

gjDnGX1.jpg

twHoIKY.jpg

View attachment 1633679
that wand is also used for the wand that the hot toys harry potter (years 1-2) figure had
(here's a picture of said wand.)
s-l1600.jpg

XuO5CZa.jpg

ylONj2V.jpg

6tzfi5m.jpg

gjDnGX1.jpg

twHoIKY.jpg

View attachment 1633679
That looks more like Oliver Woods wand

XuO5CZa.jpg

ylONj2V.jpg

6tzfi5m.jpg

gjDnGX1.jpg

twHoIKY.jpg

View attachment 1633679
It seems like in the first movie, the wand design, really wasn't that important, but they must have realized that being able to tell the wands apart would become important in the future.

This is the photo from the book, Hermione's wand scan will have to wait a little since my computer crashed :(
That looks like the "grip" portion is Honduras Rosewood. It often has those dramatic stripes. It darkens with age and handling, the light stripes starting off light and orange-y, but darkening so much over the years with handling that the stripe pattern almost goes away, looking very dark brown with subtle stripes.
The "cap" and shaft could be dark Brazilian Rosewood, Grenadilla, or dark Cocus.
BTW I think some or all of these woods are currently banned from international trade.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back