guy manuel de homem christo helmet build

kigconker1

A while ago I started a build on Thomas Bangalter's helmet when I realized Guy's helmets is much cooler. After finding out these go for around 65,000 I decided to make my own. I just spent spent 8 hours creating, printing, giving up, trying again, finding the exact thing on the internet, and editing beyond all recognition a pep model of Guy-manuel de Homem Christo's Daft Punk helmet.

GuyPepimg-1.png

Well I took a pretty big knick out of my knuckle and I going to need nerve surgery but screw doctors and their medical degrees im gonna work on it anyways

I doesn't look so good after loosing the use of my thumb.
snapshot.png

Third pep file finished heres a couple of pics
P290111_1604.jpg

P290111_1606.jpg

P290111_1607.jpg

Just a quick Question RPF, paint. I am planing on a tron style helm with discovery style paint, with a mix of tron and discovery style led with a rear led panel. i figured id vacume form the visors, and Im just wondering how should i tint them. I read somewhere to use headlight paint or is there an alternative? Also the helmet paint, gold with black and or silver decals, I dont want to spend hundreds of munnies getting it chromized or whatever, what type of paint should I use? Any help would be much appreciated i have posted this on many other forums and got no answer.

I also have no idea what my led drivers are going to be so any help there would be appreciated.

I hope Rpf is allot more noob friendly than 405th and i might actually get some help.

Just finished the resin.
helm2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks really good. But in your first post I have'nt seen one of these go for 65k unless it's one of the bands actual helmets then maybe.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back