Limited Run Graflex 2.0 and Crossguard saber run - sign up thread

The last I heard they were stuck in customs but should have arrived today. Then korbanth is going to box and ship out in the next 1-2 days. Patience my young padawan.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Saber.jpg

This is what you will get out of the box. I'm not as well versed on all of the nuances of each saber as most of the folks here so I'm not really an authority on how accurate this is over another prop, but I will say that it does look really well made. It was nicely packaged so nothing would get scratched during transit and all of the parts and pieces are accounted for (I hate putting things together and realizing that I'm short a screw). It also has a good weight to it... makes it feel like you have a real weapon in your hand.

I'm tinkering around with it now so I'll probably post some completed pics tomorrow. I'm new to this so just a quick word of warning to those of whom are also new to building sabers.. It didn't come with instructions on how to put it together (not that looks overly difficult), but learn from my mistake... make sure you have the correct side of the bottom half of the saber screwed on before you apply the grips (loosen the clamp and small screw on the side of the clamp to unscrew the saber).

I started to apply the ESB grips and then realized I had the wrong side screwed on (7 holes for ANH, ESB only has 6 grips). The grips come with double sided tape already on them so I had to peel the grips back off when I realized my mistake. The tape is very thin and pretty strong so it gave me problems coming off. It came off the saber cleanly, but the tape itself got stretched out and bubbled on the grips so I will have to reapply some new tape.

So, You may need to unscrew the bottom half and flip it around to get the correct number of holes for the version of the grips you want to apply. But that was my own dumb mistake. I got way too excited and forgot my training.... Patience :)

Last edited:
Got mine in! I'm going to convert it to a TFA hilt, and I too made the mistake of not flipping the bottom for the six grips. How do you unscrew the bottom so I can put it on the other side? 12366918_10207029456229148_883412859_n.jpg12366591_10207029455949141_536776581_n.jpg12358018_10207029456149146_1703865350_n.jpg12357968_10207029455469129_475244268_n.jpg

Can't wait to get mine!!! I've been eagerly waiting since they shipped out last week!! I keep asking my mailman if anything has came for me. They look outstanding!! Great work korbanth!!!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

How do you unscrew the bottom so I can put it on the other side?

There is a small screw on the side of the clamp right below the clip. Loosen that, open the clip and the bottom should unscrew.

Can someone fill me in on how the buttons snap together? Do I have to glue the red part to the button mechanism? I'm at a loss here...

There is a small screw on the side of the clamp right below the clip. Loosen that, open the clip and the bottom should unscrew.

Can someone fill me in on how the buttons snap together? Do I have to glue the red part to the button mechanism? I'm at a loss here...

No, I meant the bottom of the grip handle, to make it the ESB grip you have to flip it and switch the bottom piece.

No, I meant the bottom of the grip handle, to make it the ESB grip you have to flip it and switch the bottom piece.

For the very bottom, where the belt clip is. All I did was attach the belt clip with the two screws and used the D ring as leverage to help unscrew the bottom piece. Once that is off, Remove the screw highlighted in the second picture on the clamp. Then open the clip in the red box so it is sticking straight out (90 degrees from where it is pictured). You will see the the clamp loosens up just slightly. Then you can take the top part of the saber in one hand, the bottom in the other and just unscrew them. There is another piece inside which the bottom is screwed into. The clip hides it. Once you have it apart, just flip the bottom around and screw it back together. Both sides are threaded exactly the same. The only difference is that one side has 7 holes, the other has 6. The clamp hides the other unused holes when it is back together.

2.jpg1.jpg

If anyone has to peel the grips off after they have been applied, you are probably going to mess up the tape. I found a pretty good solution for reapplying the grips

I peeled off all of the tape from the grips and then went to a hardware store and bought a small roll of double sided tape. What I found was clear and very thin. It looks like it might even be thinner than what was on the grips to begin with. But the best part is that the spool of tape is the EXACT size of the grip. Anyway, It seems to be doing the trick for me so far. Here is what I used in case anyone else needs to fix their grips.

Tape.jpg

Using the D ring to unscrew it did the trick! Thanks so much! I'll post pics of when I am done putting together. I'm shooting for the TFA graflex.

For the very bottom, where the belt clip is. All I did was attach the belt clip with the two screws and used the D ring as leverage to help unscrew the bottom piece. Once that is off, Remove the screw highlighted in the second picture on the clamp. Then open the clip in the red box so it is sticking straight out (90 degrees from where it is pictured). You will see the the clamp loosens up just slightly. Then you can take the top part of the saber in one hand, the bottom in the other and just unscrew them. There is another piece inside which the bottom is screwed into. The clip hides it. Once you have it apart, just flip the bottom around and screw it back together. Both sides are threaded exactly the same. The only difference is that one side has 7 holes, the other has 6. The clamp hides the other unused holes when it is back together.

View attachment 565146View attachment 565145

Got my in on friday, finally working on it tonight. Ran into a little snafu, looking for some guidance. I'm going for the ESB look, but i can't seem to get the red buttons or the activation board to stay in. Any advice?

Got my in on friday, finally working on it tonight. Ran into a little snafu, looking for some guidance. I'm going for the ESB look, but i can't seem to get the red buttons or the activation board to stay in. Any advice?

For the clamp you can take it off and tighten the screw by rotating the lever around. That will hold your card a little better. I haven't played with the buttons though.

I had the same issues, this is how I fixed them... For the activation board, I put a little bit of double sided tape on the back of the board and slid it into place. There is just enough metal on the clamp for it to catch on the sides. It seems to be holding in place fairly well so far.

As for the activation buttons, If you are talking about the mechanical piece not staying in, it might be because it is not seating all of the way in. You might have to push it in a little but further. I took a pair of tweezers and very carefully bent the pins on the back of the circuit board. They already have a curve to them, I just continued to push them a little bit further, but not all of the way flat. Then I was able to seat the board and button into the silver thumbscrew properly. At that point I had to push it even further in. I'll attach a picture so you can see how deep my button sits.

Also, once everything is in place, you will probably have to put a dab of glue on the top of the stem so it holds the red button on. If you only plan on displaying the saber and don't plan on swinging it around then you can probably get away with not gluing it, but be careful because the red button will fall off otherwise.
button.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back