1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Limited Run Graflex 2.0 and Crossguard saber run - sign up thread

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by Korbanth, Jun 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Korbanth

Korbanth Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Greetings - over at the www.fx-sabers.com forum, a thread was started on two new sabers being offered in a limited run. Here are the details - these will be in hand for delivery in the Oct/Nov 2015 time frame in enough time before Dec.18

1 - Graflex 2.0 saber

Details - Graflex 2.0 - this unit will have 7/8 inch blade opening, and will be brushed aluminum, and will come with parts that allow you to make 3 versions of this unit - you can make TFA, or ANH, or ESB - you'd get the correct parts that allow you to make which ever version you want, this saber has been retooled and improved in quality in many areas to go beyond the look of a graflex flash handle - it is made for displaying, and for adding electronics to make it a working saber. when you see the photo shown below, it comes with what you see.

A lot of people will want to buy more than 1 of these..some will buy 3 so they can make 1 of each version, and that is ok. Over at the fx-sabers forum, we already have 60+ orders, and will cap the run at 100 Graflex 2.0 sabers.

Pricing:
    $195 for New Graflex 2.0 saber new version (the run has 60+ people, so over 40 slots still left - accepting payments now)

CG2.jpg

Two new sabers - Graflex 2.0 kit and Crossguard

CG8.jpg

final1.jpg
    1 Graflex 2.0 kit will contain enough parts for making 3 movie versions - ANH, ESB and TFA

final7.jpg
    comes with both grip types, both D-Rings, working red button

light_saber.jpg
    Graflex will play a big part in next feature film

Korbanth - if you have questions - either post it here, or contact me at korbanth47@gmail.com

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  2. LB66679

LB66679 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

When is payment due for the graflex ?

3. Korbanth

payments for graflex 2.0's are being taken now - crossguard payments will start once we have about 17-20 more interested people

4. Korbanth

No one wants these sabers? I would think i'd have a lot of interest from these units here on the RPF

5. NeptuneTQ

NeptuneTQ New Member

C'mon guys, I need me a metal Kylo Ren lightsaber replica before the movie comes out, jump on this run! We need like 6 more people!

6. ravonos

ravonos New Member

Is there a cutoff date of when you'll stop taking orders? I'm interested in the Graflex 2.0.

7. James Kenobi 1138

James Kenobi 1138 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I talked with Jeff last month at the Dallas Comic Con about these.

Most of us want...we're dying for.....his Graflex flash replicas again. With EP7 having a Graflex prop if you were selling his Graflex replica flash handles for $150 each you would probably have so many orders you'd be swimming in cash money.

But he isn't having these made anymore. And he wants to sell lightsabers and not camera flashes. He said it was too much work removing all the Graflex guts to convert them to LED lightsabers.

If I wanted a static, non-LED lightsaber. Even if the price was $125, I would still have to find a Graflex slave to pull the guts out of to make it accurate to the prop with the 2.0. If you want an LED saber this is a fantastic deal. But for most of us, after seeing the EP7 teaser, we wanted to buy a replica Parks flash for $150, not a $650 genuine Graflex off ebay. And Jeff is out of stock.

8. Korbanth

These are going to be better looking than a flash handle, and will look perfectly like what people are expecting them to look like...and will please anyone who wants any of the three versions, so you can make your own. I agree that a lower price would be better, as lower prices on anything is always better, but these will be worth the price being charged, and yes, this saber has been done to death, but with this newer style and features, it breathes new life into an old friend, and gives you lots of options. This will not disappoint fans who want a true looking graflex handle...or you can have your money back...

His original source is no longer making the $125-$150 kits, so gone are those...new ones have more options and they cost more at $195.00, but it will be worth it. I have now 70 orders, and half of the orders are paid for, and within a week probably the rest will be too...this one will go, and there will be more for those who want to join in. So anyone considering this new Graflex to make themselves the eP7 version, will want this

Crossguard saber is sitting at 54 interested saber users, and we need to get to 60 before taking pre-payments....and this unit will then be made too. I've done many saber runs in the past 10 years, and these ones kinda excite me the most.

9. Korbanth

List so far - I updated it further down the thread

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  10. James Kenobi 1138

James Kenobi 1138 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I honestly think they are awesome, and the best choice for anyone who doesn't have a Graflex or wants an LED saber.

If I had the extra cash I'd absolutely get one.

But if Parks had his replica flash handles available you be selling 10 times as many now then before the EP7 teaser.

11. Korbanth

yes, your probably right. The replica flash handle source has closed, so his inventory is now at zero, and these new 2.0 versions are to replace those. He will be selling the 2.0 handles for same or slightly higher price and could take 4-8 weeks to deliver as seen in past history. The advantage to going through me, is I'll get these first, and will send out within the week of them arriving, so there is a huge advantage, I can be quicker to making sure those who get one, will have them in hand fast.

12. NeptuneTQ

NeptuneTQ New Member

The Graflex I'm not worried about, that order is set, I want more people to jump on the Kylo Ren Saber cuz I want one =) soooooo close and then we need people to make payments so we can get it started.

13. Korbanth

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  14. Korbanth

ESB ANH Beauty2.jpg

ESB ANH Clamp2.jpg
    ESB ANH Emitter 12.jpg
    ESB ANH Emitter2.jpg
    ESB ANH Pommel2.jpg
    final1.jpg

Graflex 2.0 kit comes with two full sets of grips, 1 working red button, 1 non working red button, two different glass eyes, two different clamp strips..1 kit allows you to make ANH or ESB or TFA version of graflex - you can also have electronics added for a light up blade, and sound boards...

final2.jpg
    final7.jpg

15. dday

dday Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm in on the cross saber, we're so close to kicking this one into gear.

Some people are holding out, but DON'T!

The cost of machining functional dueling quality sabers is crazy expensive and I don't expect another run to come along any time soon. Lots of prints and resin replicas but a machined aluminium one... not likely.

Jump on it.

Gphalen likes this.
  16. j97e

j97e Active Member

Are you collecting full payments, or deposits? Really tied up in a few projects atm....

17. Korbanth

the Graflex 2.0 now has 43 out of the 100 units sold and paid for in the last two weeks since this started. very close to being able to send in the funds to get this project actually started, so I've no worries that this will reach the needed 50 paid orders, and then I'll supply the rest of the financial commitment to get the whole order through.

On the Crossguard, the cost is more than the Graflex 2.0 - so I need 60 people's commitment, along with my financial contribution in order to get these started....it's not looking like I can get enough people interested in this 3 bladed unit. I know some other saber smiths have their own beautiful version, but they are a custom looking cool saber, and I stake a claim right now, that no fan will have one as accurate as this one.. so not taking payments on crossguard until we hit the 60 threshold on interested people...still lingering at 56

It looks the RPF doesn't have many Lightsaber enthusiasts here. so yes, payment needed now for graflex, not for crossguard

18. teecrooz

teecrooz Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'd like to get on the list for a Graflex 2.0 if possible. Payment can be sent asap.

19. dday

I'm positive you will get the additional 4 people on this one. It would be a shame to see it die just in front of the finish line.

20. lewistully

lewistully Active Member

I agree. I feel confident we'll get there. It would be * heartbreaking to see the cross guards not come through. The Graflex is my favorite of all of the classic lightsabers, but that crossguard is going to turn heads, plain and simple. Fingers crossed it happens.

21. Treeman

Treeman Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I will take two (2) Graflex 2.0 kits and one (1) Crossguard kit. PM me with a payment amount and link.

Treeman

22. Korbanth

List on page 2

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  23. MadDogTannen

MadDogTannen New Member

Maybe re explain the payment plan / deposit situation for the Graflex? Somewhat confused.

24. Korbanth

Sure - Started a 2 saber run - took names from interested buyers. Reached the needed amount on the Graflexes, so payment taking has begun, the run is LIVE, you can pay for your slot, 47 people out of the 100 sabers are already paid for. You can wait to pay for your saber, but its very likely all of them will be pre-reserved before they come in October, so paying for it now locks you in for one or two.

Cross guard is a bit more expensive both for buyers to own and for me to get created, so I need at least 60 interested buyers, so rather than have people pay for these, I want to make sure I get enough who's up for one, before taking payments, which is very close, and I expect to be accepting payments by next week.

Graflex 2.0 kits are $195 - payment can be sent now to triomirett@gmail.com (paypal)
    Crossguards will be $275 - not ready to accept payment just yet. very soon though.

that help?

25. Sloth

Sloth Member

Ok I'm in put me down for a Graflex 2.0 please :)

26. SIERRA117

SIERRA117 New Member

Put me down for a crossguard!

27. Korbanth

Current list of orders - Graflex 2.0 run is being worked on, should have more prototype pics soon . still looking towards Sept/Oct completion date

GRAFLEX 2.0 saber run (as of July 20, 2015) - There have been enough pre-payments, and with my own financial contribution, the China machine shop has started, they are planning for a late September completion, and into my and our hands by October time frame...if everything goes right, so lets keep optimism...but we went past the point of no return, you all who have paid will get your product.

to any others who want to join in, there are still spaces available. The price is still $195 for this Graflex kit (allows you to make New Hope, Empire or TFA version of the Graflex saber kit)

Cavjo x1 - PAID-1
    HazyDavy x2 - PAID-2 & 3
    Korrick Rendar x1 - PAID-4
    Starwinder x1 - PAID-5
    NeptuneTQ x1 - PAID-7
    Solaren x1 - PAID-8
    Mr.Brightside x1 - PAID-10
    Caunyd x1 - PAID-11
    Mewgen x1 - PAID-12
    Shinki-Ro x1- PAID-13
    Darkmatter x1 - PAID-14
    FastRs x2 -PAID-15
    gazzaD x1- PAID-16
    Jakedj93 x1 - PAID-17
    Templeofthebluegrass x1 -PAID-18
    Bjonez x1 -PAID-19
    Greysyde x1 - PAID-20
    Onli Won Kanomi x1 - PAID-21
    Mace Windu x1 - PAID-22
    Darth PJ's x1 - PAID-23
    Pfockerchief x1 - PAID 25
    Sen Tabasi x3 - PAID-27 and 28
    Cynnon x1 -PAID 29
    04eblue x1 -PAID 30
    Neurosean x1 - PAID-31
    JCJ1138 x1 - PAID-32
    Zelazny x1 - PAID-33
    Johannes Huber x1 - PAID-34
    LB66679 x1 - RPF - PAID-35
    Sol Nexus x1 - PAID-36
    Marviana Jones x1 - PAID-37 - RPF
    NateWitt1 x3 - PAID-38
    Fippolito x1 - PAID-39
    Harp x2 -PAID -40 and 41
    TefaTbob - x1 - PAID - 42
    Treeman x2 - RPF - PAID - 43 and 44
    Anon - x1 - PAID 45
    FASTrs x1 -PAID 47
    Themacalu x1 -PAID 48
    Captjagged x1 - PAID 49
    Bstacey x2 - PAID 50 and 51
    Destined2end x1 -PAID 52
    Jameth x1 - PAID - 53
    Anonymous - x5 - PAID - 54-58
    Kai-don - x4 - PAID - 59-62
    LewisTully x1 PAID 63
    Sloth x1 (RPF) - Paid 65
    Ravonos x1 (RPF) PAID 66
    Kontherun x1 (RPF) Paid 67
    Norvin Schuck x1 - Paid 68
    Lestrooper x2 -PAID- 69-70
    The Doctor x1 - PAID 71
    MisterFubar x3 - PAID-9, 72, 73
    Rudolpht x3 - PAID-6, 74, 75
    EvilPancreas1 x1 - PAID - 76
    Airtime34 x3 - PAID-24, 77, 78
    Bob White x3 - Paid 64, 79, 80
    Teecruz x3 (RPF) PAID 46, 81, 82
    TomLeech x3 - PAID-26, 83, 84
    Bostonfin x1 - PAID - 85
    Lgtsbr x3 - PAID - 86,87,88
    dimitircolffer x2 PAID - 89, 90
    ZCoberly -x1 - PAID - 91
    Neoprime (RPF) x1 - PAID - 92

92 of 125 paid -

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  28. dday

Korbanth; Do you have any tips/leads on the blades? I know TCCS offers the 1" and 3/4" blades, but I think these hilts fit the 7/8" blades? Also, the side spikes. I'm wondering how to light these, and where in fact to get ones that are clear acrylic and wrapped like normal battle blades. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  29. Sloth

Sloth Member

Korbanth I appear to not be on the list anymore? :eek

30. Korbanth

fixed it

- - - Updated - - -

I'll have blade information very soon...I have sources for the 3 blades that the crossguard will use

bill313 and dday like this.
  31. Korbanth

Ok - I'm now accepting payments for the Crossguard saber, I will be creating a new thread for it, so it doesn't mess up communication on the graflex 2.0 saber run

32. Don93

Don93 Well-Known Member

How closely does the 2.0 match a real graflex? I see speaker vents in end cap, any other differences?

33. NeptuneTQ

NeptuneTQ New Member

This was posted in the other forum about the Graflex 2.0

Graflex (Ver 2.0) is designed to be a saber system instead of a camera attachment.

She will feature the following:

- Exact copy of the Graflex Top Body.

- Exact copy of the Graflex Clamp (Less embossed GRAFLEX logo).

- Machined & threaded bottom grip body.

- Machined & threaded end cap with sound holes.

- Includes both ANH & ESB injection molded plastic grips.

- Includes both ANH & ESB clamp bubbles and circuit card.

- Graflex Button with circuit board and momentary switch.

- ESB Graflex blade tension knob with 2nd circuit board and momentary switch.

- ANH / TFA Graflex blade tension knob.

- 7/8" blade bracket machined and anodized to look like ROTJ grip body.

- Assembly time less than 10 min.

In summary, Graflex (Ver. 2.0) is designed to be the ultimate Graflex conversion.

34. OBI WAN KEN0B1

OBI WAN KEN0B1 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Does this price includes shipping?

35. Don93

Don93 Well-Known Member

Those are great features, thanks for posting. :thumbsup

36. Vycanthus

Vycanthus Member

Crossguard will be offered later, right? I came into this one too late and needed to gather cash anyway.

37. Korbanth

The crossguard ordering has begun, I am going to start a new thread for it to keep it easier to follow

and no pricing for postage will be about $15 for USA shipping and $40 outside of USA, and postage wont be required until items are in hand and ready to send.

38. Korbanth

still accepting pre-orders for the NEW Graflex 2.0 Lightsaber.

39. kontherun

kontherun Active Member

Is this two different kits or one kit?
    Sorry, but the images confuses me a bit.

40. Korbanth

one saber kit, with enough of the correct parts and components for you to assemble any of the three versions you want...so you'd get 2 SETS of grips, more than enough of the buttons to make any version you want...both clamp strips versions... (calc bubbles or circuit board) -

so you'll choose which version you'll assemble - New Hope, Empire Strikes back or The Force Awakens - assembles in 5 minutes too.

41. ravonos

ravonos New Member

Put me down for the Graflex 2.0. Ready to send payment as soon as I get confirmation I'm on the list. Thanks

42. kontherun

kontherun Active Member

I'm in for the Graflex 2.0 as well. I'll PayPal when I'm the list.

43. Sloth

Sloth Member

Paid ....& missing from the list again :wacko

44. Darth Lars

Darth Lars Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

So there is only one Graflex replica in the kit. Glad we got that cleared up.
    And all parts are made of aluminium?

Are the Graflex bodies brushed lengthwise or around? The picture show both variants.

45. Korbanth

yes, aluminum, brushed the correct way, which ever way the original graflex is.. the photos are just CAD renderings.

46. Guff

Guff Active Member

Would somebody (Korbanth or otherwise) mind convincing me to get this over, say, a Parksabers Graflex with electronics prebuilt?

47. Korbanth

Parks is out of stock permanately on what he called the older Graflex replica flash handle, the place he was getting them made, went out of business. This why he is making the Graflex 2.0 - which is built more like a saber instead of a graflex flash handle. I am securing a large number of these, and my order will get served first, and I'll be lower in price than his stock, so lower price, faster delivery... I think those are two good convincing reasons.

he will be $275-$325 with electronics prebuilt using the phase blade technology and no sound boards...there was a time when these were top of the saber food chain, but with less expensive loud powerful sound boards and luxeon super brite lighting, they have surpassed phase technology...so until parks gets out of the stone age, and into the more current technology all the other saber makers are using, his product is best purchased empty...

48. Korbanth

32 graflex sabers are still left up for grabs. -

49. Korbanth

already got some photos from China on the Prototype Graflex 2.0 lightsaber

IMG_1163.JPG

IMG_1159.JPG

IMG_1160.JPG

IMG_1158.JPG

IMG_1157.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

Marviana Jones and NeptuneTQ like this.
  50. Korbanth

New pics coming on more of how these cool Graflex's will look like - still 30 sabers left open to purchase in this run $195 each

Guff likes this.