Go-Motion ROTJ AT-ST full scratch

Many thanks for you support guys !

Well some new pics...
First Matt mentioned the coiling gizmo... While it's cheap, I thought it would be easy to build by myself... 5 min later I had mine :) Not as nice as the true coiling gizmo, but it works perfectly :)
rotjatst199.jpg

rotjatst200.jpg

rotjatst201.jpg

That's 100 times better than guitar or bass strings ! They bend naturally :) I love the shape they take !
I like the result and I plan to build a bigger coiling gizmo to do the hoses of the Sebulba's pod. Those I did for the AT-ST dont have any wire core, but if I put one through the coiled wire for the Pod, I could get the pod standing by itself, no more mounting point for it ! Only in the engines :) Good news since I was a bit worried about using brass strings :)

I rebuilt a stand, still not accurate (the base should be wider and the stand on which the body goes should be thicker) but I built it with the wood I had... And since it was sunday, all shops were closed ;) It's not too bad though and I rally like the whole wooden look :)
I also glue a 80's ILM sticker like on the real base. I know that's the base of the Asian AT-ST but before it was the Euro base, at least the Euro model was on this stand in the archives (and the sticker was already here ;)). The asian was at this time, on a full plexi stand. This one look cool too, I could get one laser cut... I prefer it to the aluminum black one they used to display the Euro model in Europe the pasts 5 years. Very classy but I prefer the stock look of the wooden one :D If the stand costs more and is more beautiful than the model itself, that sucks ! :lol:
rotjatst202.jpg

rotjatst203.jpg

rotjatst204.jpg

rotjatst205.jpg

I redid some quick touch up to the head paint.
I hope you like guys :)

Julien AMAZING .Not only is the build beautiful so is the paint & weathering.This is hands down my favorite model build I have seen.

Dave

I like very much Julien!. I would'nt for the life of me tell the difference between your prop and the actual ILM walker, its just toooo cool for words my man!.
Stu :eek

Many thanks for all your kind comments guys !
It's not so perfect (I tried to replicate the ILM flaws :p) and I know where I'm wrong with her but I'm happy and she's better than I was expected when I started this project one year ago !

Still along way before completion though. ;)

Hopefuly Ill be able to do some stop motion shots. :)

Julien this build is... well wanted to find an attribute that was not used before in the thread.. but is becoming difficult:lol
so I will say ..BELLISSIMO! BRAVO!
I love the stand! very wicked idea :love:love:love
once you get tired of this beauty you should give a try to Christie's or Sotheby's... they will never realize the difference and you will make a lot of money :lol :lol

Ahhh ... BTW ...
I plan to build a bigger coiling gizmo to do the hoses of the Sebulba's pod.
SWEET!!!

Thanks guys !

Lol Tavor I will keep it in my collection as long as I'm alive :D She's my fav, if I had to keep only one model it would be her ! :)

Thanks for the stand, I really the wooden ILM's stand. Those models are not a piece of art but just models to work with after all ! :)

As For the Sebulba's pod, as I said my wish is to get the pod standing by the hoses but I cant be 100% positive right now, if it's too heavy, we'll have to use a third rod to support it...

Your just way too good J, I have spotted a big flaw in your work...its in Paris & not manchester. When did you say you were kitting this again? Simply stunning mate

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back