Go-Motion ROTJ AT-ST full scratch

Yeah bro, Dragsters could be a good call !

I'm not sure about the rear tyres of the P34, cuz I tried the 1/20 version and they're almost the right diameter but not the right height of course, so I guess the diameter would be too big with the 1/12 version ;(

But could it be from 1:1 cars ? :lol

18G9029e.jpg

BIG.jpg

Bro ive worked for years in the Auto industry, and im yet to see a boot from 1/1 that is even close, at least looking at Driveshaft, Steering rack, and balljoint boots.....all way too large...i still say its for sure...a kit part!

Yeah the P34 is just a wild one bro....TBH the rear tyre would be too large, and pretty close to what ive already tried from my Brabhams!

lee

Ok bro, that's cool we can discount those kind of shaft boots :D

TBH most of F1 tyres are close in shape so yes it could be from a dragster or... a 4x4 maybe ? They have taller side walls ?

Or it could have been done by the FX make up crew from rubber ?

Are we talking about a studio scale model for the boot?

I might have figured it out. It looks like a squeezebulb for ear irrigation.

Id looked at Squeezebulbs for car battery topping up etc too, way before going with a kit theory as per the Empire walker, nothing there, but if you have a few pics?

lee

Hello,

Are those kits for the ROTJ go-motion AT-ST ?

The zundapp is the one which is the 88mm kit.

As for the Churchill Croc and the Harrier, I cant see any part of them on this model... Which parts are you talking about and where should they go ?

sorry Julien,
after reviewing old posts I see where you further explained the crocodile piece was close, but not quite right. and quite frankly, i'm not sure where i got the harrier idea...i need to be more careful with where i get my info. thanks for the clarification.

I have the 1/10 R/C six wheeler and i don't think they are it. I have one tire rear that ripped in half years ago and i just tried to see what it looked like inside out and it doesn't look like any of my ref pics of the ROTJ ATST.

I took pics of some of the 1/10-1/12 tires i have. Here they are.

Glen

Edit to add. Anyone have a basic dimension we are looking for.

Attachments

• DSC00792sml.JPG
    DSC00792sml.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC00793sml.JPG
    DSC00793sml.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC00794sml.JPG
    DSC00794sml.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,200
Last edited:
Hey Glen !

Many thanks for your help ! ;)

Well it seems that F1 tyres are not a good call...

But your grasshoper tyres looks fine !

Actually it doesnt look like an AT-ST neck because you need 2 of them to make a neck and you have to put one side inside itself (it's hard to me to explain :s).

I'll try to get some good measurements by the week end.
Right now I can tell you that the base of the neck (the smaller diameter) should be around 27-28 mm

The bigger diameter (middle neck) should be between 40 and 45 mm !
As for the total height it's about 45mm tall (with 2 tyres).

That would be cool if you could do an assembly of 2 tyres to see how it goes !

Thanks again for your help, highly appreciated !

What you are describing is basically the same size as the JPS III 1/12 front tire but with the deeper bead ,you see it at the base of the neck. I'll check some smaller F1 model cars i have. I don't have one but a 1/24 or so six wheeler rear tire might be that size. I'll dig out some more tires and take pics with a ruler or something for scale. Tommorow.

Glen

Id tried P34, MKIII and Brabham BT46 rears Glen, all no dice, these were in the 1/20 Tamiya range though...right kinda height, but wrong in the sidewall area, 1/20 tyres have a thicker rubber profile, and tend to create a more ball shape!

lee

What you are describing is basically the same size as the JPS III 1/12 front tire but with the deeper bead ,you see it at the base of the neck. I'll check some smaller F1 model cars i have. I don't have one but a 1/24 or so six wheeler rear tire might be that size. I'll dig out some more tires and take pics with a ruler or something for scale. Tommorow.

Glen

Yeah but the JPS III tyres dont fit the kawasaki part :( they are a bit too big and yes you're right they're not tall enough :(

Looking forward to see new tyres ! :D Thanks again ;)

Been watchin this for awhile. Great job so far! Can't wait to see this completed!

Thanks for your support Tyranneix ;)

Thanks Beaz for the heatsinks !

I removed the old parts (on the left) and I had to enlarge the holes. New parts on the middle :
rotjatst167.jpg

Before :
rotjatst111.jpg

After :
rotjatst168.jpg

I just put a wash on it and it's not dry that's why the parts are shiny ;)

Last edited:
My God Julien that looks GREAT.It looks just like the actual prop.
Seeing those pictures is agreat inspiration for finishing my AT-ST kit.

Dave

Thanks guys !

Yeah bro that's an epic build loool There isnt an area I havent redone lol

Well I redid once again my plans and I sent them back to the machinist 2 days ago.

Here's the result :

Hip parts and the middle part of the neck :
rotjatst169.jpg

Ankles being milled :
rotjatst170.jpg

The bad thing is the motor of the tool gave up so he has to replace it.
That's not really important cuz I dont have time to work on it right now ;)

I'm glad my pics can help you Dave !

Thanks for looking guys :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back