Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

I finally decided to watch Afterlife. Very late I know. If anything from Afterlife, you realize how special the original Ghostbusters is. That movie is perfect to me. And one of the best horror comedies if not best movies ever.

I did like two of the young actors in Afterlife. The girl is the real deal, I imagine that she'll win awards in the future. And the other kid reminded me of Data from The Goonies. They were the best parts of the movie. And I thought it would be epic from the beginning until the people behind it ran out of creativity.

AMC exclusive Ghost Trap popcorn bucket:
426428500_800982952057777_974370992144977672_n.jpg

The 1980s Ghostbusters films were comedies.
The 2016 female cast film was a comedy (YMMV).

Afterlife and Frozen Empire are adventure films. With comedic elements for sure, but not comedies first and foremost.

Last edited:
The 19080s Ghostbusters films were comedies.
The 2016 female cast film was a comedy (YMMV).

Afterlife and Frozen Empire are adventure films. With comedic elements for sure, but not comedies first and foremost.
I always took the 1980s Ghostbusters as horror films with comedic elements, kinda like how Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn was a balance of comedy and horror. But to each their own, I guess.

On a long enough timeline most franchises become more adventure-oriented.

GB was already headed that direction back in the 1980s with the cartoon show. And the subject matter does favor that. It's not like 'Happy Gilmore' or 'Animal House' where it can only be a comedy/drama.

For those that missed it the first time around:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back