Galaxy Quest

Aquaman

Sr Member
I saw there is a full size nebulizer and communicator from Pegasus. Has anyone made these and added electronics?

I was thinking of trying to do myself. I have NEVER done modeling since I was a kid, but thought this project might be somewhat easy for a newbie. What do u think? Are the electronics really hard to install?

Thx for any help!

that's pretty cool! I was thinking of getting the voo doo kits for the electronics....

Don't get them. I hear they are a sham, the only one i would consider of the two kits is the Nebulizer, but that's way over priced. I got everything i need at radio shack and it was only a few dollars, i haven't put it together yet... I just don't have that much time free yet.

Looking forward to your new lights/sound stuff. I have a carton of the Pegasus kits. maybe I'll do a few based upon your kit.

Re: Galaxy Quest kit

I recently got the Galaxy Quest Vox Communicator and Ion Nebulizer kit from Pegasus Hobbies. Have always made scale replicas and want to try my hand at 1:1 for a change. This looks easy.

10042010.jpg

11042010.jpg

I dont see you producing High Quality lighting kits that are affordable, and it's a little more than just three Leds.......

I said they were nice, But they are not worth the price at all, epically if you have to put it together yourself. For less than $50 you buy a lightening disk and make the vox 99% movie accurate, and have left over money to put the Nebulizer together with lights, and you could also grab lunch from McDonald's and a cup of coffee form Starbucks.

And your right I don't Produce "High Quality lighting kits that are affordable" because if i did, it would be $10 for 3 blinking leds.

You believe it's a good kit for the money, I personally don't think so. You have your opinion. I have mine.

Last edited:
Don't get them. I hear they are a sham, the only one i would consider of the two kits is the Nebulizer, but that's way over priced. I got everything i need at radio shack and it was only a few dollars, i haven't put it together yet... I just don't have that much time free yet.

Opinions are fine,but when you diss someone's livelyhood on hear say that another matter.

Opinions are fine,but when you diss someone's livelyhood on hear say that another matter.

I wasn't Disrespecting his work or livelyhood, I was just re-stating what other people have said, and then said that based on the description and what the product looks like, I wouldn't buy the product, and i wouldn't recommend him buying it also.

He can spend $50, but i'm just letting him know what he is spending his $50 on.

We try are best to provide a good product for all builders... If you have any questions regarding are products please address us direct...

Thanks
Randy Neubert
VoodooFX
1-650-568-3400

Randy's kit is awesome. And his work is custom made in the USA and not made from mass produced parts. If he asks more I'm glad to support him and his work in the good 'ole USA.

It's fine to custom make a version from off the shelf parts if you want, but please respect others on this board that work hard to develop kits for us. No one will develop kits for us if they are constantly being dissed by armchair critics.

Pre-made electronic kits are great for people who want to add lights to their kits who either don't have the skill or the time to design and build something themselves. The kit for the Vox is a bit more than just three blinking LEDs. It has a random blinking pattern that you wont get with wiring thrree LEDs together.

I stopped buying pre-made kits as I decided to learn to do it myself, and yes, for less money. That doesn't make pre-made kits any less important to our hobby. I just chose to invest the time needed to learn, just like the guys at Voodoo did. He just chose to start selling them, which is great for a lot of people.

I apologize for not giving Randy, and the others at VooDooFX the Respect that they deserve. It was a kit that they have put alot of effort into, and it's not my place to say some of the things i've said. I'm sorry.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back