Correcting the Revell and Jazware's Micro Galaxy Squadron Imperial Shuttle proportions

I have always loved the Lambda class Shuttle, my favourite of all SW ships, a beautiful and elegant design. I'm looking for a model myself to fill the void left by Bandai's reluctance to make one :( I have joined the FB group but I could not print the files myself so I'm not sure what I would do.

I have read through this thread and its motivated me to have a go, great work on both! Would you say the Jazwares is the better option?

After doing both, I would say the Jazware is easier, the main components are there, the wings, the cockpit shape, body shape etc. Just the neck needs trimming, and it's blasters are too toy like. The Revell model, required massive amounts of surgery and was decidedly more difficult.

One day I might print Robert James's files, but it certainly is a big undertaking given the complexity and the number of parts.

Ins31475967196_e6277253dbf444c38ef128e8a7a92ab0.jpg

My Jazware on the left, Revell on right. Both pretty much the same scale

I saw one of the Micro Galaxy Squadron one's in Target the other day. Definitely need to pick one up, especially since it is about the same size as the Revell with better out of box proportions

Easier and cheaper to find these days over the Revell one (at least in the US).

Not sure where people are getting their prices for the kit from, but it is being priced like it is some rare collector's item and hard to find one for less than $100

I saw one of the Micro Galaxy Squadron one's in Target the other day. Definitely need to pick one up, especially since it is about the same size as the Revell with better out of box proportions

Easier and cheaper to find these days over the Revell one (at least in the US).

Not sure where people are getting their prices for the kit from, but it is being priced like it is some rare collector's item and hard to find one for less than $100
Yup, I see them periodically at a Walmart for like $29.99

I got a Jazware's Shuttle today and wow I'm really impressed, especially being an 80's kid who never got the huge Kenner shuttle. Knowing I'd be modifying it I tried to resist attaching the wings but I couldn't help it ha The neck is the only part that looks glaringly out of proportion, some seams like the obvious hinge in the cockpit will need attention also but I'm really glad I got one of these.

jusdrewit Would you mind sharing pics of the neck area you modified. Looking at mine it seems a fairly tricky job to pull off.

I got a Jazware's Shuttle today and wow I'm really impressed, especially being an 80's kid who never got the huge Kenner shuttle. Knowing I'd be modifying it I tried to resist attaching the wings but I couldn't help it ha The neck is the only part that looks glaringly out of proportion, some seams like the obvious hinge in the cockpit will need attention also but I'm really glad I got one of these.

jusdrewit Would you mind sharing pics of the neck area you modified. Looking at mine it seems a fairly tricky job to pull off.
Yeah I took it completely apart, screws and all, including the screws hidden under a little cover under the bottom side. It's pretty securely glued together. Once I realized I would have to give up using the spring loaded ramp it became easier to wrap my head around. I'll take pics when I get home! You'll need some styrene to cover the holes created by making the neck less thick as a heads up.

Nice job on the shuttles Jusdrewit! Both wound up looking strikingly similar.

You inspired me to pick up the micro galaxy shuttle yesterday, and I'm going to turn it into a model as you did.

But it does look awesome straight out of the box.

Can I ask, what kind of putty did you use to fill the seams...?

jusdrewit ... have you seen the 3D-printed 1/144 scale Tyderium created by Robert James Models yet?

Chaïm
No I haven't! I did acquire the STL files for his much larger shuttle though. Any pics for his 1/144? I still can't see his page. I'm thinking it's related to my Facebook being relatively newly created, and his group restricts those newly created accounts

So perfect, I love it!!! Is he selling the stls or it as a kit? I would be a bit smaller than the Revell and Jazware it seems. Perfect for displaying on a office desk though

Yep he has the 1/144 stl files up and a pdf how to build/print it in resin ... the larger 1/72 needs both types of 3D print material for strenght regular filament, for details resin. You mentioned you already have the 1/72 stl ... here's someone going full scale using plastic inside for strenght and scratch build dorsal wing and side wings too due to the weight of the resin on those parts :

Schermafbeelding 2024-03-21 om 23.21.43.png

Schermafbeelding 2024-03-21 om 23.22.07.png

Schermafbeelding 2024-03-21 om 23.22.33.png

The 1/144 can be made entirely out of resin (disregard the 'lines' this person forgot to use anti-alias whilest printing or so I understood from Robert James) :

431493014_10161947750247164_1946700574527475063_n.jpg

And here's the size of 1/144 for comparison with a Coca Cola can :

Schermafbeelding 2024-03-21 om 23.29.12.png

Chaïm

Last edited:
Yep he has the 1/144 stl files up and a pdf how to build/print it in resin ... the larger 1/72 needs both types of 3D print material for strenght regular filament, for details resin. You mentioned you already have the 1/72 stl ... here's someone going full scale using plastic inside for strenght :

View attachment 1802170

View attachment 1802171

View attachment 1802172

The 1/144 can be made entirely out of resin (disregard the 'lines' this person forgot to use anti-alias whilest printing or so I understood from Robert James) :

View attachment 1802174

And here's the size of 1/144 for comparison with a Coca Cola can :

View attachment 1802176

Chaïm
That's beautiful!!! I might need to buy the 1/144 stls as well haha

Well it seems that Jazwares Shuttle is not available for a reasonable price over here ... that said a local Toy store had 20% discount so I had to make do with this instead :D

Toy Champ STAR WARS.jpg

Chaïm

P.S. The Schleich Animals were 2 + 1 Free ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back