Functional Pip-boy 3000 Mk IV from Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by zapwizard, Aug 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. GhostMinion

GhostMinion Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Also, unless you're going for a clean, fresh painted look, remember that a nice light blackwashing will darken your color slightly.

2. HolvesGM

HolvesGM New Member

Is it possible to get all the materials of the final version of Pip-Boy?

3. Voltaire Surge

Voltaire Surge Member

I believe ge plans to have the printable parts on sites that print in sls nylon and then have a list of all the other components elsewhere.

4. zapwizard

zapwizard Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

HolvesGM First off, the version is not yet final. I am still working on the electronics, and so I want to keep my design options open.

I am not planning on selling any kits at this time. My goal is to get it completed for myself before deciding on what to do.

Back in June I released the Unfinished CAD files. However, what I have currently is different than that version. I don't like releasing unfinished work, so the unfinished was more for those curious about the design to explore.

Voltaire Surge likes this.
  5. orion42m

orion42m New Member

I am not try to seem pushy but do you think it will be in a releasable state by the end of 2019 or 2020?

6. zapwizard

orion42m: Sigh, I hope by the end of 2019.

I have been spending this whole month on organizing my office electronics and workshop. Currently I have been working on projects from outside of the cardboard boxes the parts came in, and it it makes it frustrating to find parts when you need them. All with the goal of making it easier to work on projects, as well as document them via video and photos.

The Dosimeter PCB is sitting, 90% completed, I just have to test some of the firmware loading functions outside of a dev board. There is no sense in making a PCB board that I can't actually load with firmware.

7. Inquisitor Peregrinus

Inquisitor Peregrinus Master Member

If you, or the guy who printed the test pieces for you, have a multi-filament FDM printer, you could always use regular and conductive PLA to print the circuit boards themselves... Just thought of that. Didn't know if you already did.

8. zapwizard

3D Printed circuit boards can handle VERY simple circuits, such as lighting. The cannot be used to make regular circuit boards that require hot solder.

I will require a four layer high-speed PCB for the motherboard, due to the video signals involved, and one or two layer PCBs for the rest of the build. PCBs actually aren't that expensive either, as long as your willing to wait for them to be made.

xl97 likes this.