Functional Nostromo Crew Watch, 3D modeled and printed

Evening Newbs

This is the Nostromo crew watch I finished recently. I 3D modeled and printed the watch case and surround, then squeezed the guts of a Casio F-91W into it. The models, face graphics, and parts list are available on Thingiverse if you want to make one yourself: Alien Nostromo Crew Watch (Samani E-125/Casio F-100) by EveningNewbs

Let me know what you think!

IMG_20200714_102644.jpg
IMG_20200714_102604.jpg
IMG_20200714_102728.jpg
IMG_20200714_102650.jpg

Very nicely done! Good paint job, the orange part looks like strong rubber and the details on the face of the watch are really nice.
Thanks! I opted for hard plastic for the surround partly because I could print it, and partly because it would sit better on the wrist. I'm sure you're aware based on your username, but the prop used in the movie with the rubber surround tended to flop around on the actors' wrists. It took me several iterations and test prints, but I got it to the point where it sits well without rolling around the wrist. I'd almost even call it "comfortable."

Test prints all lined up to show the evolution of the angle:
IMG_20200714_175220.jpg

I've definitely worn it around the house a few times just for fun. Kind of impractical to actually see the display(s) though.
Keep an eye on this site: FROM JAPAN

You may find the Casio-100 on Yahoo Auctions Japan. A few years ago there were a few on it and going for next to nothing. I regret not buying them. Also a goldmine for the Back to the Future walkmans too, and also the motion tracker monitor from Aliens.

When searching, just untick the "Shopping Sites" box, and only search the "Auction Sites".

Keep an eye on this site: FROM JAPAN

You may find the Casio-100 on Yahoo Auctions Japan. A few years ago there were a few on it and going for next to nothing. I regret not buying them. Also a goldmine for the Back to the Future walkmans too, and also the motion tracker monitor from Aliens.

When searching, just untick the "Shopping Sites" box, and only search the "Auction Sites".
Thanks! I'll keep an eye on it, but I'm inclined to think that that ship has sailed a while ago. I do enjoy the extra challenge of modeling an object vs just buying the original component, so I don't mind too much that I'll probably never see an original F-100.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back