Alien Dallas/Ripley/Isolation F100 double watch - pebble skin and watchface

zerodrum

As the post title suggests, I have made a skin for Pebble classic smart watches.

Why?
Having spent far too much time fiddling around with Tinkercad making a good model of the iconic Casio F100 watch, a job lot of "broken" pebble watches came my way and the rest is history.

First using all the measurements and preference photos I had to hand for my 3d model, I drew (in MS PAINT !) a skin for a pebble watch. This went through several iterations, prints to paper and test fittings.
I scaled the final image in Publisher to 3.3cm width and fine tuned all other measurements with paper templates.

I chose to use the SAMANI branding from Alien Isolation.

Printed to adhesive vinyl, cut out the "skin" and stuck to a pebble watch.
The most recent couple of iterations are shown. Font changed to Microstyle extended on lower watch.

Watch-face was made in Pebble Watchface generator, with another (black and white) Paint image as the background. Bluetooth and Battery meters are overlaid on the watchface "buttons"

Joining strap has been designed in Tinkercad for printing in TPU.
Skin has been modified to use a larger font in Microstyle Bold extended for the top line, and further modify the button bar to more closely match the watchface.

Yet to do:
  • Print (hopefully) final versions of skin on vinyl
  • 3D print short TPU strap
  • Assemble
  • Upload my final creation
WIN_20190301_17_13_55_Pro.jpg
WIN_20190301_17_18_17_Pro.jpg
WIN_20190301_17_20_37_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• ripleywatch.jpg
    ripleywatch.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 559
  • dallaswatch.jpg
    dallaswatch.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 3,047
  • F-100.jpg
    F-100.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 688
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back