FINISHED (see pg 21) WIP - BTTF - Nike Air Mag

Ok guys, I've started a new Mag project ! This one will be All Black too, but I'm going to make it closer to the RD shape.
Now that my first project had helped me understood a lot about how to build shoes, I think I'm good to go for a real wearable pair of Mags.

This first project isn't really finished as it is not glued to the soles and I haven't put the decals and the swoosh but it is for some reasons :
- I want to be sure to glue the right shoe on the soles of the HCs (because of the price of them)
- I can use this project to improve some details

Yesterday, I've walk with these shoes (by fixing them on the soles with a velcro strap) and I found them pretty confortable.
The feet enters in good but when you exit this shoe, you need to be very slow and carefull. It stays in good shape and when on feet I was amazed of it being so close to the Movie props when seeing them on some angles...
This is making me think : "How did the official licenced HC shoe came out so bad ?"
I mean... really ? A big company with designers and references and factory... What a joke ! :facepalm

Anyway, I've find some new materials that i'll use in my next attempt and the sewing will be better now !
And I might include the power laces project on the next one... who knows... :$

This is making me think : "How did the official licenced HC shoe came out so bad ?"
I mean... really ? A big company with designers and references and factory... What a joke ! :facepalm

We have all asked the same questions for the last 18 months.

Seriously, it is not so complicated to make this shoe having a good shape (even if it is not RD looking style, they could have designed something more harmonic...) and without so much material and technical operation. And the 100$ price tells us that the making of it ( electronics and sole in) just cost about 30$ max per pair...

Seriously, it is not so complicated to make this shoe having a good shape (even if it is not RD looking style, they could have designed something more harmonic...) and without so much material and technical operation. And the 100$ price tells us that the making of it ( electronics and sole in) just cost about 30$ max per pair...

They don't care because they've sold over 10,000 of the current design to "normal" people. So no reason to change it for the more passionate fans.

the fabric is Spandex on the visible side. Inside is a random black fabric that is harder and does not expand.
Beetween the 2 layers, I've insert a layer of 1mm eva foam. (This time I won't add another foam layer. it is better for the confort but I just to see how it looks and feels withuot)

This project is really another test version to see what and how to improve the next model i'll do that will be based on the RDs.

No pattern here, I've reused the shape I did used on the first one and tweak some details. But you can scale the pattern that cavx gave me on the first or second page of this thread. It is the RDs pattern ;)

Thanks, And all the parts aren't attached yet ;)

Making_The_Rd_Mokka_Deez.png

thanks cavx.

I've finished the build up of the second shoe andfinally added a layer of foam for the comfort and solidity (as I did on the first Black Mags) and made the ears holes.

Next step is to place the laces or start the ears and attach the tongue and I'll be good to go for a test walk :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back