FINISHED (see pg 21) WIP - BTTF - Nike Air Mag

Might I suggest you stay clear of dealing with Cavx from this point, especially if you ever consider having him help you or paying him for parts. His reputation here on the boards is toast! He burned his bridges this past year and nobody here is going to support him.
Wow, obviously, I've been far from the forum too long so now I understand why he wasn't enthousiast when I asked him to repost my pictures on the Board :(

That's so lame... I sent him the pictures of some steps of my process to make the shoe and Instagram deleted them after a period so this won't be here to help anyone... untill I make a new pair somedays...

Thanks for the advices

Here is the progress of the day :
- Fit test on the Poorman's Shoelast
P1160020.JPG

- Attach the upper onto the "cardboard custom insole" (i use a 2mm thick cardboard for this wich i reinforce with glue and tissue to make it more "water / sweat proof inside)
04 - P1160025.JPG

Then, I cut the excess fake laces on the side so it won't get too bumpy when I'll glue them to the edges of the sole :
01 - P1160021.JPG02 - P1160023.JPG03 - P1160024.JPG

And to finish, I use masking tape to make sure the upper edges are protected from some excess glue :
05 - P1160026.JPG

At this stage, I only glue the rubber sole onto the whole edges and all the bottom of the upper and only the marked edges on the upper fabric :
06 - P1160027.JPG

Next is let the glue dry for few minutes and get the upper attached to the soles

»»» Little tips : apply some hot air (from an air dryer for example) to the glue just before attaching everything together. This should reactivate the glue and you should get a better bond in less time ;)

If everything is fine, tomorrow i'll get to finalize the edges and this pair will be good to go on feet :D

Last edited:
Here they are !
Upper attached to the sole
Toebox finished (sock toe style)

Now I need to finish to glue the sides and the back of the sole
01 - P1160029.JPG
The "poorman's shoelast" still in :
02 - P1160030.JPG

And without shoelast Topview :
03 - Top P1160032.JPG

The profile :
03 - profile P1160033.JPG

Global view :
03 - Result P1160031.JPG

Last edited:
I'm close to the end...

"Destroy" the midsole...
02 - P1160040.JPG

I had some spare V3 midsoles so... i had to upgrade these HCs... :)
01 - P1160039.JPG

Here they are... My HC sole based Modified Nike MAGs :)

95% finished i'd say... Because the Decals on the heel cups aren't made and I need to attach the light switch properly...
I also had to sew the straps cause after 2 years, the glue didn't handle so well the heat and time...

The "ear holes" aren't my bests but this upper is one of my first good shots so the next one might be better

01 - P1160073.JPG

02 - P1160076.JPG

03 - P1160072.JPG

You can see all my Mag and other stuffs on my Insta : www.instagram.com/mokka_deez

01 - P1160073.JPG02 - P1160076.JPG03 - P1160072.JPG

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back