Femme pred armor WIP

Realy, sometimes I don't get this. You see WIP from cardboard bio's and everybody cheers... Good job, nice design, and what else.

I try to make an armor that is a little... Can I say erotic? And you get this. I'm not asking for a post reply that praise me in to heaven and I'm always open to constructive comments on my work.

But blowing this nipple thing out of proportion? come on, you don't have to wear it! And maybe I can show this armor for the first time during Superbowl... it looks like it's going the same way.

Mods, let's put a lock on this and why don't we all go see how the cardboard bio's and toiletpaper roll gaunts are made.

You are taking this too personal. It was honest criticism to help you. I really don't think us giving our opinion of why the nipple feels out of place is blowing out of proportion. You like it. Good enough reason to keep it. The sculpt is cool do not take our opinion of this one item as a negative on the piece itself.

On a side note, I have never cheered or posted in the cardboard bio like topics. :)

Aye I like the armor I was just saying I like 99.99% of the stuff you sculpt man. And no i haven't seen a naked lol. Hehe gigity gigty goo aeeeeriiight.

The armor looks awesome, I love the idea.. but I do have a suggestion...

speaking as a woman and a fellow costumer... how often do you really see size 0, A cup chicks who are into predator? or even costuming in general? most of us are more of an average size with definately larger assests.. to some of us something that would be a pastey .. Just something to think about...if you're wanting to make something to attract the female costuming community, it has to fit..
I had the same problem with my bob bagy torso, just way too small, it took craig and I so much work to even get that thing around me and the bottom of the torso was still barely at the bottom of my navel In the nerd world, most chicks just are'nt built like super models.... or mannequins for that matter :)

I would LOVE to see someone build a set of femme armor that actually came in a few different sizes..... women are so diverse in shape and size... we can't just put in cushion foam to fill out the muscle suit.

DarkHuntress, Dakath

I agree with you, DarkHuntress, about the sizing, there's many more points of measurement for us :)

I think I also would have had problems with the Bagy torso armor size and assembly, and often the regular AVP torso armor is way too big, so we definitely need armorers like Dakath to make our goods!

Dakath, my bio's off to you for rising to the occasion and starting the fem armor!

Keep on sculpting, and posting; please do not lock this one!

---
Ei'luj

Criticism is a artists best friend, its never nothing personal, its just that everyone has different opinions so your not always going to get an "Awesome!". Its also because your doing something out of the norm, so people may have more input. I love the look of the armor so far, your making it your own. Just remember, you are doing it for you and noone else! Oh and I completely agree with both of you too, Darkhuntress and ei'luj :)
Keep it up :)

Personally Dakath I like the whole nipple idea, it serves a purpose, while the intended victim is too busy oogling the aformentioned piece of anatomy of the huntress, they are not be lookin at the blades headin in their direction! Plus if all else fails and the huntress is weaponless, she can always poke their eye out with it !!!! lol.

But on a more serious note I like the whole armour idea and look so far and the the workmanship is awesome as usual!!

Keep it comin bro!!!!

So, let me say one last thing about "nipplegate"; When you design something, it started in your head and gets a form by sculpting your idear so you always take these kinds of comments personal, I think other sculpters can confirm this.

I'm glad a few like the design and concept and I thank them for that. But most of all, the female hunters among us like it and they have to wear it...

So I hope we can move on with the rest of the WIP.

But first! Garo, here's your naked pred:

ScreenShot231.jpg

So, back to the armor now. I only had time to sculpt about half an hour on the second part today so there is not much to see but you'll get an idear where I'm going to.

ScreenShot232.jpg

ScreenShot233.jpg

I'm sculpting the nipple tomorrow :) (sorry, could not help my self)

i like it, and the nipple isn't a big deal is it? i mean if you are worried about it drawing attention to the fact you are a woman, think, you are likely to be the only girl wearing a pred suit, plenty of ppl will be looking your way, and all the guys will at least wonder at some poin tif pred females have niples, this just confirms it for them without any embarrassing questions asked :)

Looks great as always Dakath. Defo looks the part when you've a female modelling/test fitting it. So paint it up and show it off proudly! :)

And here the first paint up :) :)

I had a small accident during the sanding of a seem. I casted it in 2 layers, first normal liquid latex and when that starts to dry the second layer with thick latex. While sanding it, I ripped of the first layer but with some paint fx I made an impact of some sort of projectile.

ScreenShot237.jpg

This is looking great..I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest. Keep doing what your doing. It is your custom design...you should be proud of it!

So, let me say one last thing about "nipplegate"; When you design something, it started in your head and gets a form by sculpting your idear so you always take these kinds of comments personal, I think other sculpters can confirm this.

I'm glad a few like the design and concept and I thank them for that. But most of all, the female hunters among us like it and they have to wear it...

So I hope we can move on with the rest of the WIP.

But first! Garo, here's your naked pred:

ScreenShot231.jpg

So, back to the armor now. I only had time to sculpt about half an hour on the second part today so there is not much to see but you'll get an idear where I'm going to.

ScreenShot232.jpg

ScreenShot233.jpg

I'm sculpting the nipple tomorrow :) (sorry, could not help my self)

Good Lord man I could have gone my whole life without seeing a naked pred lol. Wait is that a? :)

lol anyone the nipple actually looks cool when its casted. And yes it does get peoples attention I took like a freaking 12 take on the picture im like huh huh huh huh huh ...yaaaaa lol

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back