Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them... paper thread

WIsh there was a better image Gellert Grindelwald's wanted poster. hard to tell what it all says but cool any ways good find LorduDesign

Since I know for sure that the clock is 2-3/4" in diameter, I was able to scale other objects shown inside the case. Since the map is at a slight angle, it's probably closer to 3-1/2" wide.
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=658475&d=1472304800

My question is, in the upper left hand corner, above the binoculars, appears to be perhaps a small cardboard box with a postage stamp, then an I-Phone in a pink case, on top of which is a hand written note. Can someone discern what's written on that note?

ATL

The thing that you are mistaking for an I-phone case is actually a notebook. The cover is black leather effect and the page edges are red. I have one just like it somewhere.

Hiya! New to the forum, joined as i'm a huge Fantastic Beasts fan and I want to have a go at making some props :D I want to have a go at making Newt's creature medicine bottles and just wondered if anyone knows if the magical case postcard set sold at Minalima has the bottle labels in good enough detail that I could use them to make my own labels? I've had a go at scanning and printing some from the case book (My image editing skills are only MS paint based unfortunately :p ) and have managed a couple but many in the book are at an angle or have other images covering them. Thank you to the folks who made the Feather Floss and Erumpant Musk labels on this thread though, those are awesome!!

Happy to upload some labels I've scanned from the case book if they're of use to anyone, didn't know if it's okay to post scanned book pages to the group or if that's frowned on :)

The thing that you are mistaking for an I-phone case is actually a notebook. The cover is black leather effect and the page edges are red. I have one just like it somewhere.

Thanks podman,

"Mistaking" is perhaps a little strong. "Quipping" or perhaps "humorously interjecting" would be more appropriate. I was not serious at all, but was hoping that some one like yourself would take up the challenge, and would figure out what the item was. I asked Mira and Eduardo about it at CoHP - they didn't know. But that said, if you can forward a catalog number of a similar type notebook, I'd appreciate it.

ATL

Last edited by a moderator:
You can attach hotfoil by first printing the design required with a laser printer. Either direct to the surface or if not possible as a mirror image on paper, you then iron it on until the toner sticks to the cloth/leather and remove the paper. After you have done that you place the hotfoil over the area with the toner and run it through a laminator. The hot foil will stick to the toner. I know this method works on book covers.......I've done it. ;)

Thanks @podman,

"Mistaking" is perhaps a little strong. "Quipping" or perhaps "humorously interjecting" would be more appropriate. I was not serious at all, but was hoping that some one like yourself would take up the challenge, and would figure out what the item was. I asked Mira and Eduardo about it at CoHP - they didn't know. But that said, if you can forward a catalog number of a similar type notebook, I'd appreciate it.

ATL

Sorry about that. I meant to put mistaking in inverted commas as I know you said it tongue in cheek.

I finally found my notebook and it is made by this company:

https://www.robert-frederick.co.uk/leatherette

Here's some scanned bottle labels from the Character guide, clearest view i've managed to find of the labels so far, though there do seem to be a couple of different versions of some of the labels, with slight text variations :) Note: Just uploaded it but it came out very low res, new here and still trying to figure things out, is there a way to upload a bigger file? I have large copies big enough to print and stick to bottles :)

Potion Bottles.jpg

Thanks for the scan!

Attach file as PNG instead of JPEG might do better.

Ahh figured out my problem, I was using the 'save image as' option in Internet Explorer to download files from here and that seems to download a smaller version of the file, clicked 'save target as' and that downloads the images full size :D Have uploaded PNG below though if that works better for anyone!

Attachments

• Potion Bottles png.jpg
    Potion Bottles png.jpg
    614.6 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back