Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them... paper thread

Just remember, I-Phones/Smartphones are so ingrained in our culture, it is only natural to think of it in the suitcase, since the movie is being released in 2016, and forgetting it takes place in 1926.

I see numbers, so it might go with the map figuring out his trip, like distances.

Since I know for sure that the clock is 2-3/4" in diameter, I was able to scale other objects shown inside the case. Since the map is at a slight angle, it's probably closer to 3-1/2" wide.
My question is, in the upper left hand corner, above the binoculars, appears to be perhaps a small cardboard box with a postage stamp, then an I-Phone in a pink case, on top of which is a hand written note. Can someone discern what's written on that note?

ATL

:lol Of course it's not a cell phone, tablet, kindle, or whatever. It's some unidentifiable glossy black thing with a pinkish edge which at first glance resembles a modern electronic device...

But...Can someone discern what's written on that note?

ATL

Just noticed this on the shelf right of Kowalski:

View attachment 614996

View attachment 614999

**LIVING WITH LEGIMENS - Choose Your Minds Wisely**

Could this be a reference to Legilimency? i.e. the Legimen being the one whose mind is being read?

Been to House of MinaLima yesterday. There was a shelf with some old books and one particularly caught my eye.

The People of the Moon by Tremlett Carter. It has very, very similar spine to Legilimency book and clearly was a huge inspiration for the prop book.
975232.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, lynx0099!
I noticed that the book/magazine in the left picture, second from the bottom, The Witch's Friend is dated September 1916. For being 100 years old, it is in great shape. I wonder how many of those book are text books from Ilvermorny.
I thrilled to see forms from MACUSA.

Thanks for the pictures!

I was so hoping that the books might be from Ilvermorny. I hope to see anything from the school in future movies, why else mention it if not to include it in a movie.

I believe that we might actually see some students from the school and no more. But maybe?

EDIT: Actually after the close examination of these pics Chadwick's Charms are in fact textbooks from Ilvermorny! Sorry for bad info!

Last edited:
No problem. We are just trying to figure out the tease pictures, since we just can't wait to see the movie. Maybe Newt might visit the school in one of the 3 movies.

You are welcome Kenobi. Of course, you can use anything i share here. Maybe you can alter inside of your case. if you cant even, it still looks so good.:)

Some more scans, a new book, and another MACUSA logo.

Attachments

• Fantastic Beast Book Color.JPG
    Fantastic Beast Book Color.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 208
  • Fantastic Beast Book.JPG
    Fantastic Beast Book.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 228
  • MACUSA LOGO.JPG
    MACUSA LOGO.JPG
    402.3 KB · Views: 230
i recently saw this coloring book and thumbed through it....i need you to get a scan for me...i think on the inside of the back cover there was a pic of a bunch of items....i think the bottom right corner was a high res pic of newts wand...grab that for me.

a thing i noticed was the bottom of the wand was hallow and looked like it was made out of a deer antler!!!!!!! this will help the newt wand thread a great deal!!!

:cool

Some more scans, a new book, and another MACUSA logo.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back