Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them... paper thread

This is retirement congratulations from MACUSA to McGonagall. Could be a prop from beginning of the film (I assume that film starts in modern times) because we see familiar font used on other props from HP movies - Caslon Antique. Another sign that this is prop is that as wee see in new movie American wizarding community is in the same design timeline so it would explain why there's no aging on that paper...

...but these are just my thoughts. Nothing confirmed.

TB-7021, excellent logos! I did notice one minor error on the color MACUSA logo, the eye of the Phoenix should be the light blue/blue gray color as in the wings, not white.

I was looking at the different MOM stamps/logos and wondering what would some different MACUSA's would look like for maybe an ID card.
So here is my idea, what do you think?

Attachments

• test logo.JPG
    test logo.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 162
I will start working on mine pretty soon!
I feel like it should feel more like real American passport with guilloches and security stuff (that's what I'll do).
Btw Good work, I like the colors you used!

I know it's stating the obvious somewhat, but the passport appears to be a standard British passport from the era. Even from the screenshot, the crest appears to be the right shape and size.

Yes, in the film Newt (main character) will carry a British passport from 1920s but as they've done for Harry Potter franchise we do hope they will know, create passport/ID card for a magical institution - here MACUSA, in Harry Potter Ministry of Magic.

Has anyone been able to identify the folded map above the New York City map? The boundaries could be states or countries or counties (if it's a map of the UK). Two locations are circled in red, possibly the locations will be referenced in the movie.

I'm trying to make out the name but all I can see is "L A ? O K ? T E"

Has anyone been able to identify the folded map above the New York City map? The boundaries could be states or countries or counties (if it's a map of the UK). Two locations are circled in red, possibly the locations will be referenced in the movie.

I'm trying to make out the name but all I can see is "L A ? O K ? T E"

Looks like the city of Leicester in the centre, and Nottingham at the top. :)

Newt-UKMap.png

37160.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back