Fallout AERX modular laser pistol/rifle

Thanks! Unfortunately progress has been slow so there's not a whole lot to show. I've got some other projects I'd like to get done by the end of the year as well but I'll be putting in a little work on it here and there.

The emitter is close to done, still needs some fillets in corners and some touch up before priming.

lqw84Lv.jpg

I got the slots milled out on the grip and will probably start on the raised grips pieces for it soon. Had to make a custom jig to hold this properly for milling, it ended up working out nicely.

MyKswkQ.jpg

iK8g5AE.jpg

This hatch will be used to store electronics for the 3 lights on the back of the barrel.

jy6BpAz.jpg

k0L5ai8.jpg

That is awesome! I can't remember if I asked before, but what strength magnets are you using? I figured on doing the same thing, but wasn't sure if even something like 40lb strength magnets would work that well.

That is awesome! I can't remember if I asked before, but what strength magnets are you using? I figured on doing the same thing, but wasn't sure if even something like 40lb strength magnets would work that well.
I believe mine are around 40lb strength, but those alone don't hold great since the force on them is sideways as opposed to directly away from the faces. I'll likely have to use stronger magnets in the gyro lens and beam focuser since they don't have the arms to lock them in place.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I did some testing and it would hold a 1lb or two, but any movement and it would fall. So I guess I will need to do some experimenting before I glue any magnets!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back