Fallout AERX modular laser pistol/rifle

Thank you, I've currently got enough laser cut aluminum pieces for 4 or 5 pistol sets but it will be a while before I finish all of the additional pieces(rifle barrel/sights/stocks)

Not a whole lot of progress on the splitter barrel but the arms got a quick junk mold made to make a full set of 4

IMG_20210210_171450_039.jpg

20210210_151202.jpg

No laser rifle updates except that I've ordered silicone for the rifle barrel.

Here's a related project I finished a while ago though:

Modeled by me in AutoCAD with working activation for the pistons and printed on a resin printer
then molded and cast with smooth cast 325 resin with florescent green dye
WMjD1Ce.jpg

yeIrFCE.jpg
7Gr62SJ.jpg
7DDkdLq.jpg
2VWiWWa.jpg

Still haven't made any electronic inserts for it yet unfortunately

Hey a couple quick questions if you don't mind. First are you also using magnets to attach the beam splitter? I was going to build the beam focuser and that was my plan. I tested out how much weight would hold, but I haven't built anything yet. Second for you or anyone who has built this rifle, how are you getting the fusion cell to sit in its spot? I figured a spring loaded "contact" piece could easily hold it on the end facing the barrel, but the back end just sits on what, at least on the model, is a flat surface. I figured I would have to make a slight depression so it would seat.

Hey a couple quick questions if you don't mind. First are you also using magnets to attach the beam splitter? I was going to build the beam focuser and that was my plan. I tested out how much weight would hold, but I haven't built anything yet. Second for you or anyone who has built this rifle, how are you getting the fusion cell to sit in its spot? I figured a spring loaded "contact" piece could easily hold it on the end facing the barrel, but the back end just sits on what, at least on the model, is a flat surface. I figured I would have to make a slight depression so it would seat.
I am using magnets to connect the barrel attachments as well as hold the battery in place

Ok thanks for confirming that idea will work! I showed my 17yo nephew this thread and he said his better be at least 75% as good. So he is very confident in my abilities. He said "Well you've only made Star Wars props before!" :lol:

Really nice work here, all of it. I do have a quick question:

Can you tell me how you get this look? I've always wondered how people get this rusted metal paint job. Is it drybrush? Powder? Unicorn magic?

Attachments

• 7DDkdLq.jpg
    7DDkdLq.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
Really nice work here, all of it. I do have a quick question:

Can you tell me how you get this look? I've always wondered how people get this rusted metal paint job. Is it drybrush? Powder? Unicorn magic?
Thank you! For the rusted look I used paint from sophisticated finishes. The base metal was their stainless steel paint that won't rust, then I went in and added blotches of iron paint that will rust with an activator. That way the whole piece isn't rusted when I brush on the rust activator and I can control the look of it.

As for progress, I've been taking a break from the project to finish a few other ones I have planned. I'll be back to work on the sniper barrel soon though.

Thank you! For the rusted look I used paint from sophisticated finishes. The base metal was their stainless steel paint that won't rust, then I went in and added blotches of iron paint that will rust with an activator. That way the whole piece isn't rusted when I brush on the rust activator and I can control the look of it.

As for progress, I've been taking a break from the project to finish a few other ones I have planned. I'll be back to work on the sniper barrel soon though.

Wow! I didn't know that such a product existed, thanks! Were you able to finish it off with an acrylic matte clear coat?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back