Dune Guild Tug Model (Chris Foss concept)

Pyramidrep

Fantastic work and a beautiful bit of detailing. It’s a highly unusual subject , which I love.
Your project reminded me of something that I came across last year and I’ ve been trying to find an image of a model that I think someone in Germany built of Chris Foss’s version of the Leviathan/ nostromo. If I manage to find it, I post it here. It might be of interest.
It had a really striking paint finish as I hope this will as well, close to the original artwork.

Last edited:

Isaac Buckley

Fantastic work and a beautiful bit of detailing. It’s a highly unusual subject , which I love.
Your project reminded me of something that I came across last year and I’ ve been trying to an image of a model that I think someone in Germany built of Chris Foss’s version of the Leviathan/ nostromo. If I manage to find it, I post it here. It might be of interest.
It had a really striking paint finish as I hope this will as well, close to the original artwork.
Not to worry, i'm gonna go as accurate as i can for the paint job, i wouldn't dare believe i could come up with a better colour scheme than Foss!

Pyramidrep

Found the images - from a German movie called Die Sturzflieger (1995). Anyway, i was struck by how close to Chris Foss’ artwork the model was. Hope these are of interest.
1DFD8FD8-5396-4E6E-B5A7-0F5173FCCEBB.jpeg
BD8A1B2C-9B4A-4088-AA1B-7A5C0DFBE994.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.