DUNE 2021 Crysknife

So annoying detail question. Does anyone know what it actually says on the handle? I have scoured the internets for 3 days and only discovered basic Fremen alphabets and only very limited translation and very poor transliteration. None of which give an indication of the meaning on the Crysknife handle. I even found a Fremen Font from the older film, the same alphabet has been used in this one as well I believe. Or it could be the Guild alphabet...

Last edited:
So annoying detail question. Does anyone know what it actually says on the handle? I have scoured the internets for 3 days and only discovered basic Fremen alphabets and only very limited translation and very poor transliteration. None of which give an indication of the meaning on the Crysknife handle. I even found a Fremen Font from the older film, the same alphabet has been used in this one as well I believe. Or it could be the Guild alphabet...
You may have already found this in your research, but I believe the writing on the crysknives is Fremen Chakobsa which was created for the film by David J. Peterson (https://dedalvs.com/work/dune/misc/chakobsa_orthography_v6.pdf). I haven't studied his orthography reference deeply, and I'm not a linguist by any means so I'm sure it would take me quite a while to wrap my head around it's complexities. It's not a simple alphabet replacement, it's a legit abugida language.

Anyone else’s UC knife have this separation in the blade where it looks like it was either cracked and glued together or cast in two parts and glued? I got mine form BudK and it did not look previously opened.

D30F5670-A7C8-4C80-914C-6097F6EB4561.jpeg
941A5D94-AAD6-4BFF-A9A1-D3D917667271.jpeg
DA1B3292-F645-442C-9421-586133490C6F.jpeg
D07D88C7-C488-4C7E-9837-F6F39D2431AD.jpeg

Anyone else’s UC knife have this separation in the blade where it looks like it was either cracked and glued together or cast in two parts and glued? I got mine form BudK and it did not look previously opened.
Nope - looks like it's just yours. That's a bummer. Appears that it was a factory repair, since it was painted over.

Just wanted to come back and share some photos of my 3d printed replica, model courtesy of Gizmodels on Cults: Download STL file Dune 2021 crysknife • 3D printer model ・ Cults

I printed this on my Anycubic mega S and finished it up with filler primer and some Dulux paints. I based the paint colours on the replica, so they're a bit too cool when compared to the actual props, guess that means I have an excuse to make another one :)

My interpretation ended up like this; the black gradient has blue undertones rather than yellow, and the handle is made to look like leather, whereas on the actual prop it's just a darkened continuation of the blade. I think the film version is much more cohesive, but I like the different look that my knife has that makes it my own. Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_4266.jpg
    IMG_4266.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_4268.jpg
    IMG_4268.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 196
  • IMG_4270.jpg
    IMG_4270.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 218
  • IMG_4273.jpg
    IMG_4273.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 197
These can't be had for less than 450 dollars in Europe. No US retailer will take my Irish credit card either. Bummer!
You could ask one of our member to buy one for you, reimburse him/her and ship it to your part of the World;)

Per joberg's suggestion - can anyone help me out with an order for one of these cryskives? BUDK or the like won't take my Irish credit card, but happy to pay someone in advance who can help an Irishman out! (Genuine article :D - born and raised here! Also, will need shipping to here!)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back