Droideka / Destroyer Droid 1/12 scratch build

Last w.i.p. update:
Some metal works and paint job.
3k6xb5h9.jpg

ygzsp2xk.jpg

ewulvu5v.jpg

oosimjyt.jpg

Arm movement:

It's looking brilliant! Which colours did you use for the metal and copper/brown parts? The weathering looks spot on! Looking forward to the next update!

Sweet Chesus, this is looking nice!!! That copper color really sells it. Do you have plans to add that burnt metal blue color to the copper? The whole thing is looking perfect!

Those look amazing.
To get that burnt metal look on the carapace, we used interference paints on the original maquette and full sized statue.
Black paint was laid down first, followed by multiple passes of different colors of interference paints.
We looked at pictures of hot motorcycle exhaust pipes as reference.

Last edited:
Very nice. Looking awesome.

Thanks!

It's looking brilliant! Which colours did you use for the metal and copper/brown parts? The weathering looks spot on! Looking forward to the next update!

I use Gunze Mr Metal colours. Copper as base colour. Added some spots of different metal colours like bronze. And then a light wash to tune down the brightness.

Sweet Chesus, this is looking nice!!! That copper color really sells it. Do you have plans to add that burnt metal blue color to the copper? The whole thing is looking perfect!
Those look amazing.
To get that burnt metal look on the carapace, we used interference paints on the original maquette and full sized statue.
Black paint was laid down first, followed by multiple passes of different colors of interference paints.
We looked at pictures of hot motorcycle exhaust pipes as reference.

I've never seen the lifesize model in person, so I can only use pictures of an exhebition and screenshots for colour reference…It's difficult to see the iridescent effect.

Missed your thread for some reason:oops: Pro-Job on that wonderful model...er, wait! You ARE Phil Tippet, right?:p:cool::cool:
Thanks!

That build was a challenge and I've tried out a lot new technics and methods I've never done before. Thanks guys for the kind comments. It´s encouring for new projects.
Maybe a 1/12 Magna Guard…:unsure:
MagnaGuard.jpg
…or something completely different.;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back