DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

Can anybody comment on the differnece in size between the size SMALL and MEDIUM by Steady? I have a medium from steady and it fits snug but not too snug i am happy with the fit but the lining is black and i have the opportunity to get a size SMALL from an earlier run with the brown lining, but i do not know if the small will fit me just right or be too tight?

Can anybody comment on the differnece in size between the size SMALL and MEDIUM by Steady? I have a medium from steady and it fits snug but not too snug i am happy with the fit but the lining is black and i have the opportunity to get a size SMALL from an earlier run with the brown lining, but i do not know if the small will fit me just right or be too tight?
I think I have a medium or a large in the brown, but I think I'd have preferred the black. The brown seems so much lighter than the screen-used ones.

I think I have a medium or a large in the brown, but I think I'd have preferred the black. The brown seems so much lighter than the screen-used ones.
I noticed that it does. its a shame. i know the real deal is a brown but its just so much darker than what steady used. I am a sucker for the brown inner lining though, i wish the black that i have had the brown inner lining but i guess it is what it is.

Recently pulled the trigger on the Steady Taupe version of the jacket. Been pouring over the last couple of pages of this thread and from what I'm gathering; it seems there are two versions of the Steady jacket. Can anyone shed some light to clarify? Is the current version being sold below the one with the black lining? I personally would prefer black over brown. Not really going for screen accuracy at this point but rather a jacket that looks good and feels comfortable.

Scorpion Bomber Jacket in Taupe

Pretty sure the new version is black and the old one was brown. I don't believe there's any other difference that I can think of.

Having seen the black-trimmed version in person at a con, the color of the satin looked a little darker than it does in photos on the brown-trimmed version, but I haven't seen that version in person, so I can't say for sure that there's a difference.

Having seen the black-trimmed version in person at a con, the color of the satin looked a little darker than it does in photos on the brown-trimmed version, but I haven't seen that version in person, so I can't say for sure that there's a difference.
Thanks for the reply, I'll be sure to post some high-resolution pictures when I receive it. I typically wear a size medium jacket but the inch measurements for a medium appeared to be too big for my tastes so I went with a size Small. Wanted a very snug fit for this, don't typically care about layering apart from a standard t-shirt or something. From what I can gather, the scorpion on these is not as large as the other.

Just received my jacket order from Steady Clothing this past weekend and I must say; this jacket looks 'FN sick. The quality on this feels really top notch. Definitely does not feel cheap at all. You can tell that the $179.99 price tag gets you a premium feeling jacket as opposed to what's available on eBay and this jacket both looks and feels legit. Satin is super soft on this, no blown stitches from what I can see. It seems that I managed to snag the last jacket in a size small. It definitely fits exactly how I wanted it to fit. I might not be able to fit an extra layer for a jacket under this but that's fine since I wouldn't wear anything under this apart from a t-shirt.

The cuffs and the inner lining on this jacket are both black. Now I re-watched the movie 3 times in the past 2 weeks and to me; the cuffs appear to look black for most of the movie with the exception of one scene and that's when he's at the pawn shop with Standard. The lining of the jacket in the movie is fully visible in one scene and to me, the lining looks black so for the most part, this appears to look pretty identical to the jacket in the movie. I'm pretty happy about this purchase. I certainly can't wait to wear this outside and go for nice drive. Hah cheers boys.

2A7792FB-A706-4483-8645-23188EB1D853.jpeg

D0CE8367-D539-4685-8C23-29E519B17FDF.jpeg
7D71E72F-2B39-4779-9496-CE891DC72871.jpeg

upon further research it seems that the most accurate one would be the Richard Lim one , does anyone have one if so how accurate are they and what sizes where they made in ?

Here are some comparison photos between the Richard Lim replica jacket and the Steady version. Lim's will appear on the left and Steady's will appear on the right.

View attachment 278583View attachment 278584
Here you can see the overall differences in color and tailoring.

View attachment 278588View attachment 278589
And the backs. You can see the differences between the scorpion sizes.

View attachment 278590View attachment 278591
You can really tell the difference in embroidery techniques.

View attachment 278593View attachment 278594
The knit wool on Lim's jacket far outdoes the crappy cotton on the Steady.

View attachment 278595View attachment 278596

View attachment 278597View attachment 278598View attachment 278599
Lim's jacket came with a button and the collar tab had a button hole in it. I removed the button. IMO this is more accurate than the snap button.

View attachment 278600View attachment 278601
Lim's High Society label vs. Steady's licensed label.

View attachment 278608View attachment 278609
The material in the venting is also a thicker wool knit on Lim's vs. Steady's cotton.

View attachment 278602View attachment 278603
The zipper on the filming jacket starts higher up from the bottom. Lim's is correct in this detail.

View attachment 278604
A direct comparison between the shades of satin and cuff material. (Lim's is on the right in this one)

View attachment 278605View attachment 278590
A couple more detail shots of the Lim jacket.

As you can see, all-in-all, the Lim jacket is far superior to the Steady jacket. I am extremely lucky to have this in my collection. Hope these serve as good reference to all those looking to create a Drive costume of their own.
that Richard Lim jacket looks great , when they where made did they make many sizes or just the one size to Ryans specifications ?

also how much did your jacket cost you to get made ?

that Richard Lim jacket looks great , when they where made did they make many sizes or just the one size to Ryans specifications ?

also how much did your jacket cost you to get made ?
Richard Lim was a tailor, so the sizing was completely bespoke. The jacket was about $1000

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back