DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

benhs1898

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I wish they would stop using the screen-used jacket to advertise. Also, black detailing? AND waterproof? I bet that material is going to look real cheap.

Cameron1138

Is there anywhere at a lower price point than Magnoli that sells accurately colored (ivory/brown rather than white/black) jackets with the option to have no back embroidery, and preferably made of a more comfortable material than 100% polyester?

Spidey74

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This movie is one of my all time favorites. I’ve been following this thread on and off since it started. I must have read through the thread ten times or more.

After years of following this thread, I’ve taken another pass. I’d like to thank everyone that contributed to this thread. It’s packed full of useful information for anyone interested in this movie.

I’ve contemplated pulling the trigger on the jacket this whole time. I discovered that steady are still selling the jacket. Im 5’11” and 190 lbs and usually wear 42r. So I ordered a large based on the sizing and what I read in the thread. It fits snug, too snug to fit another jacket under it. Based on their sizing guide it measures as a medium. I’m considering ordering the XL or ordering custom from Indy at this point.

Aside from the sizing issue, the jacket is pretty well made. The colour is more champagne than ivory. The trim is black instead of brown. The embroidery is top notch. Overall a great looking jacket. I just wish it fit better.

Stacy Adams Madison’s are easy to find. Stacy Adams.com, Amazon.com or Shoes.com have them.

Indys still got some henleys. Gaspar gloves are still available in a few sizes. Selima’s Money 2 are still available too.

Last edited:

Spidey74

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I finally decided to exchange the jacket for a size up even though I’d have to pay duties again. The new jacket fits much better. It’s still
form fitting with room for my trucker jacket.

I bought a pair of driving gloves from Dents, called Deltas, not the originals but they are a close match and half the price. When you sign up you’ll get a discount code too.

I got a pair of RayBan RB4125 from SmartBuyGlasses at a great discount.

Magnoli’s henleys finally arrived, and they’re amazing. Great fit like it was custom tailored.

benhs1898

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
EDIT: Didn't realize this has been discussed.

Just found out his duffle bag is a large Filson in tan. It costs a pretty penny but will probably last you your whole life.

devonrwelch

I'm not sure if anybody has posted this here yet since I haven't read through this thread in a while, but I found two pretty good matches for the white henley that are a little cheaper than the Magnoli ones.

The first one is from Madewell, which is an off shoot of J.Crew, and it has the distinctive elastic arm cuffs but the collar is a bit thinner. the second is from a Chinese company called Bronson that make replica vintage clothing, and it also has the arm cuffs as well as more accurate wider collar. I own a couple of Madewell pieces and can tell you the quality is on par with J.Crew, and I haven't bought anything from Bronson yet, but from what I can tell from reviews they are actually pretty decent quality for the price. Link below for one.

I also just bought the dark indigo slim jeans from Everlane, and although I've never owned the Acne Max Raw jeans, I can say based on pictures I've seen of them that the Everlane jeans seem to be a pretty good alternative. Especially since they've discontinued the Levi's Rigid Dragon. been wearing them a couple days now, and I'd the quality is pretty great as well. On par with mid range selvedge and raw denim I've tried (they are not selvedge by the way). I'll link to them below.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.