DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

I wish they would stop using the screen-used jacket to advertise. Also, black detailing? AND waterproof? I bet that material is going to look real cheap.

Is there anywhere at a lower price point than Magnoli that sells accurately colored (ivory/brown rather than white/black) jackets with the option to have no back embroidery, and preferably made of a more comfortable material than 100% polyester?

This movie is one of my all time favorites. I’ve been following this thread on and off since it started. I must have read through the thread ten times or more.

After years of following this thread, I’ve taken another pass. I’d like to thank everyone that contributed to this thread. It’s packed full of useful information for anyone interested in this movie.

I’ve contemplated pulling the trigger on the jacket this whole time. I discovered that steady are still selling the jacket. Im 5’11” and 190 lbs and usually wear 42r. So I ordered a large based on the sizing and what I read in the thread. It fits snug, too snug to fit another jacket under it. Based on their sizing guide it measures as a medium. I’m considering ordering the XL or ordering custom from Indy at this point.

Aside from the sizing issue, the jacket is pretty well made. The colour is more champagne than ivory. The trim is black instead of brown. The embroidery is top notch. Overall a great looking jacket. I just wish it fit better.

Stacy Adams Madison’s are easy to find. Stacy Adams.com, Amazon.com or Shoes.com have them.

Indys still got some henleys. Gaspar gloves are still available in a few sizes. Selima’s Money 2 are still available too.

Last edited:
I finally decided to exchange the jacket for a size up even though I’d have to pay duties again. The new jacket fits much better. It’s still
form fitting with room for my trucker jacket.

I bought a pair of driving gloves from Dents, called Deltas, not the originals but they are a close match and half the price. When you sign up you’ll get a discount code too.

I got a pair of RayBan RB4125 from SmartBuyGlasses at a great discount.

Magnoli’s henleys finally arrived, and they’re amazing. Great fit like it was custom tailored.

EDIT: Didn't realize this has been discussed.

Just found out his duffle bag is a large Filson in tan. It costs a pretty penny but will probably last you your whole life.

I'm not sure if anybody has posted this here yet since I haven't read through this thread in a while, but I found two pretty good matches for the white henley that are a little cheaper than the Magnoli ones.

The first one is from Madewell, which is an off shoot of J.Crew, and it has the distinctive elastic arm cuffs but the collar is a bit thinner. the second is from a Chinese company called Bronson that make replica vintage clothing, and it also has the arm cuffs as well as more accurate wider collar. I own a couple of Madewell pieces and can tell you the quality is on par with J.Crew, and I haven't bought anything from Bronson yet, but from what I can tell from reviews they are actually pretty decent quality for the price. Link below for one.

I also just bought the dark indigo slim jeans from Everlane, and although I've never owned the Acne Max Raw jeans, I can say based on pictures I've seen of them that the Everlane jeans seem to be a pretty good alternative. Especially since they've discontinued the Levi's Rigid Dragon. been wearing them a couple days now, and I'd the quality is pretty great as well. On par with mid range selvedge and raw denim I've tried (they are not selvedge by the way). I'll link to them below.

So recently just watched Drive again and reignited the fire inside of me to get a lot of these pieces. I looked into steady clothing and unfortunately as many already know, black is now used instead of brown. I understand that apparently, the black fabric they are using now is higher quality than the original brown they were using? What are people's opinions on this? I think the brown looks more accurate so I would have preferred that.

I recently contacted Richard Lim here in LA since I am nearby. Unfortunately, I learned that he had passed away a few years ago and his son took over the business. They told me they still produce the jacket on a commissioned basis and the price seems to have raised from 850$ to 1300$ custom fit. This is a little much for me to get a jacket even though it is beautiful. Is steady the best option other than getting it straight from the source?

Lastly, I am looking into also getting the denim jacket, I understand the one Ryan wore was a vintage. Does anybody know if this link is any close to the one he wore in the film? its obviously not vintage but it seems like it is a similar wash and fit? Any help or info would be much appreciated everybody!

So recently just watched Drive again and reignited the fire inside of me to get a lot of these pieces. I looked into steady clothing and unfortunately as many already know, black is now used instead of brown. I understand that apparently, the black fabric they are using now is higher quality than the original brown they were using? What are people's opinions on this? I think the brown looks more accurate so I would have preferred that.

I recently contacted Richard Lim here in LA since I am nearby. Unfortunately, I learned that he had passed away a few years ago and his son took over the business. They told me they still produce the jacket on a commissioned basis and the price seems to have raised from 850$ to 1300$ custom fit. This is a little much for me to get a jacket even though it is beautiful. Is steady the best option other than getting it straight from the source?

Lastly, I am looking into also getting the denim jacket, I understand the one Ryan wore was a vintage. Does anybody know if this link is any close to the one he wore in the film? its obviously not vintage but it seems like it is a similar wash and fit? Any help or info would be much appreciated everybody!

I’ve got the Steady version. It’s super nice, but the brown is definitely lighter than it appears in the movie. The satin is spot on though, and the embroidery.

does anybody have any info on this jacket sold on ebay ?

I'd stay away from Scam-bay!

If you really want a quality jacket then get it from reputable source. If you can't snag a used one off here, then you got three options:
1. Steady jackets are awesome and excellent quality for the price, but not as screen accurate anymore and has standard fitting.
2. Magnoli's are top notch quality, and nothing looks better than custom tailored clothes!
3. A commission from Lim's shop would be on the money too, but the price tag is steep.

I think these are all good options. At the end of the day, I expect that each version will have some slight variations from the movie as they would not have the exact same materials from 2011 (I assume). Personally, I want a piece that is well made and close enough to the movie. Besides, no one will notice anyway when you're speeding away in your '73 Chevy Malibu ;)

does anybody have any info on this jacket sold on ebay ?

I had that one for a while. It's pretty good if you want it purely as a costume piece, but definitely not good for use as an everyday jacket. It's very low-quality polyester, so it's not at all breathable and it gets uncomfortably hot and sweaty really quickly while not actually keeping you warm (whenever I wore it I'd feel both too hot and too cold at the same time). It's also longer in the body and looser in the waist than I like for bomber jackets, but that's just personal preference (I like them to to have a cropped cut with form-fitting ribbing around the waist). The materials feel rather cheap overall too, not super cheap but definitely noticeably. I sold it a while ago.

I recently got a much nicer quilted satin bomber from Topshop (women's sizing, so it's got that cropped cut) made of a cotton/viscose blend with a much richer appearance sheen it to scratch the Drive jacket itch, since I'm not interested in doing the cosplay anymore (I keep my hair too long) and I don't like to wear obvious costume pieces with my everyday wardrobe anymore.

I had that one for a while. It's pretty good if you want it purely as a costume piece, but definitely not good for use as an everyday jacket. It's very low-quality polyester, so it's not at all breathable and it gets uncomfortably hot and sweaty really quickly while not actually keeping you warm (whenever I wore it I'd feel both too hot and too cold at the same time). It's also longer in the body and looser in the waist than I like for bomber jackets, but that's just personal preference (I like them to to have a cropped cut with form-fitting ribbing around the waist). The materials feel rather cheap overall too, not super cheap but definitely noticeably. I sold it a while ago.

I recently got a much nicer quilted satin bomber from Topshop (women's sizing, so it's got that cropped cut) made of a cotton/viscose blend with a much richer appearance sheen it to scratch the Drive jacket itch, since I'm not interested in doing the cosplay anymore (I keep my hair too long) and I don't like to wear obvious costume pieces with my everyday wardrobe anymore.
Do you have any photos you can share of the jacket??

Do you have any photos you can share of the jacket??
Here, I had the smallest size they offered and as you can see it's a bit big on me too. If you're at all on the skinny side I'd recommend looking for a Steady jacket even more strongly, since from the measurements I looked at they seem to be more true to size.
IMG-4841.JPGIMG-4966.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back