DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

I was in this store called Express Mens recently and they had the belt that he wore in Drive and Only God Forgives. Only problem is that they didn't have it in black in that store, so If anyone is looking for the belt check there.

Alright one of the moments some have been waiting for. Here is the complete version of the watch. Do understand that there is some slight variation to this timepiece considering this is the closest manufacturers could get. If this interests any of whom ive spoken to about this please let me know if you are still interested. For those who might be interested that i havent yet talked to let me know! Hope you like it. I know i do regardless of its minor differences. Cheers!

PS As sorry for the head turning effect on the picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    734.5 KB · Views: 299
Also, if anyone else was curious - I e-mailed Steady to ask if there were any differences in the jackets between production runs, e.g., improvements or changes...and Rachel replied that the jackets have been identical since the very first run.

The image looks great, but what's with the colors? I checked my pantone book and the colors shown in the image are correct to the numbers posted. Weird.

The colours on that scorpion are well off from the screen jacket.

The tail on that scorpion is also pointed in that template, whereas the tail on the screen jacket has a curved end.

Maybe this was an earlier rendering of the scorpion which got changed.

The Steady jacket has changed slightly.

Can't remember exactly, but I think that the change happened at the third or fourth run.

The brown fabric on on the collar and cuffs was changed for a slightly thicker and heavier ribbed material.

Yeah you must be right about that image, the coloring is way off.

Rachel at Steady told me there would be no changes between production runs. Where did you hear they improved on the cuffs, etc.,?

I am still disappointed with the shape of Steady's scorpion. It's too far off when you consider they worked from the original. It's body is too thin and it's overall size is too small relative to the back of the jacket. Oh well.

Indy,if you see this, wondering if you would consider another custom attempt at the embroidery and shape of the scorpion? With so many detailed pictures of the original floating around it might be possible to really nail it. Your sales would go through the roof.

Indy,if you see this, wondering if you would consider another custom attempt at the embroidery and shape of the scorpion? With so many detailed pictures of the original floating around it might be possible to really nail it. Your sales would go through the roof.

If you want to help me tweak our embroidery for a custom jacket for yourself, by all means, shoot me an e-mail and we'll oblige. We can then use this as the model for future orders.

I've actually got a new embroidery program, so we should be able to do all the design work pretty accurately before actually taking a single stitch to the satin.

Kind regards,
Indy

Watched Drive again last week and was reminded of just what a highly stylised and cool film it is.
Now the heat has died down on this thread and 2 years on from the initial hype, anyone still rockin' the gear or parts thereof as their everyday wardrobe?

Watched Drive again last week and was reminded of just what a highly stylised and cool film it is.
Now the heat has died down on this thread and 2 years on from the initial hype, anyone still rockin' the gear or parts thereof as their everyday wardrobe?
I wear the boots alot
and I feel in love with ACNE jeans(expensive but really good quality will last for a long time)
I wear henley's quite a bit as well

Yeah I wear the boots quite a lot as well, they're super comfy. I also wear my Levi's jacket quite a bit and henley's every so often. Still wear the gaspar gloves sometimes while driving too, gotta love 'em.

Yeah you must be right about that image, the coloring is way off.

Rachel at Steady told me there would be no changes between production runs. Where did you hear they improved on the cuffs, etc.,?

I am still disappointed with the shape of Steady's scorpion. It's too far off when you consider they worked from the original. It's body is too thin and it's overall size is too small relative to the back of the jacket. Oh well.

See my post with pics regarding the brown trim change on th steady jacket on page 69 of his thread.

I think that the Steady scorpion might be slightly smaller overall and the body might be slightly thinner than the screen jacket, but It is by far the most accurate I have seen on any of the jackets available. The scorpion is h same size on all jackets so it looks too small on the larger size jackets. The photo of the jacke on Indy's site is of a larger size jacket and the scorpion appears much too small. If he is creating a new scorpion template for you it should be possible to scale it up or down.

The stitching is much cleaner on the Steady jacket than he screen jacket but the colours seem accurate. It was argued that the stitching method was used so that it would last longer. I have not seen any jacket try to replicate the long stitches seen on the screen jacket.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back