DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

Heyy... the sunglasses look great!! I don't care what movie theyre in, they just look great anyways! Sorry about the absence guys, I had some things to get up to speed and I had to minimize my drive obsession. I'm back on the hunt for a watch for you guys since I'm happy with mine!

Hi, im going to buy the jacket from drive, and im wondering which size will fit. I am 173 cm in height and i weigh 69 kilo. What size will fit me`? And is it safe to buy it from eBAY? Thanks for any answer :)

General consensus is that the jackets being sold on eBay are not very accurate.

You would be better off getting the version of the jacket made by Steady Clothing. This version is, in my opinion, the most accurate version of the jacket available and for the price offers good quality.

Dan

I'm not so crazy about denim jackets. I got one of course haha but I don't like it too much. I did however pick up a pair of Acne RAW jeans for $39!! They came today and are brand new. I need to break them in a little as they are a little tight so be cautious! I'm 150 and its a tight fit for size 32!!

Hey everyone I'm going to assemble the watch on my own. I'm half ways done I just need the watch dial and hands. I don't think I'll have the patek phillippe put on the dial. I'll post photos when I'm done.

Boss! Are you using replica Calatrava watches as donors for the build? Very intereseted in the process. If it turns out any good I may commission one from you. Here's hoping!

Rotsman, I too bought a pair of NOS 32 Max Raws, they don't exactly fit though. About and inch and a half too small. Damn levis sizings misleading me to assume thet'd fit. Oh well. Anyway here's the 1940's deadstock henleys that I won on ebay:

KGrHqNncFKeyCEzBQD5qcqj3w60_3.jpg

T2eC16h8E9s4l90lTBQD5pjcVRQ60_3.jpg

KGrHqFhkE3JQ3FYBQD5pp6ZIQ60_3.jpg

Here's an original screen used henley for comparison. Not bad if I don't say so myself.

A0221.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, will do. I haven't recieved them yet but I'll post some when they do. Next stop either LA cap or Skullcrushers, haven't decided yet. I'll keep you guys posted.

Hey everyone I'm going to assemble the watch on my own. I'm half ways done I just need the watch dial and hands. I don't think I'll have the patek phillippe put on the dial. I'll post photos when I'm done.

Oh man, dude. Have any progress shots? I may also be interested in commissioning you! This would be awesome!!

I would also defenetly be interested in paying you for putting another one toghether!

Its slow moving and a headache. I'm getting the dial and hands completely customized. I contacted a guy who apparently wants 400$ for the custom dial and he said the hands would be expensive too. He seemed like he didn't want to do it and has not gotten back to me. I think it'll be months before I'm done. All the companies I've contacted that claim to do custom dial work said they are not doing any at this time. Also the only watch case that has the same look as the drive watch is and eta unitas 6498 case and movement. The smallest 6498 case I can find is 41mm (I'm guessing because of the big pocket watch movement) so I'm gonna go with that. Ryan's in the movie looks like a 39mm to me. I can post links on where to get the case and movement. They are relatively inexpensive for both, I can post a link on where to get them and I'll post information on where you can get the custom dial and hands made once I find someone who can do it but you can really find someone yourself using google. I'm not bothered about the hands, they say when you start your own watch project you won't care if it doesn't look exactly how you want it you'll love it anyway.

Boss! Are you using replica Calatrava watches as donors for the build? Very intereseted in the process. If it turns out any good I may commission one from you. Here's hoping!

Rotsman, I too bought a pair of NOS 32 Max Raws, they don't exactly fit though. About and inch and a half too small. Damn levis sizings misleading me to assume thet'd fit. Oh well. Anyway here's the 1940's deadstock henleys that I won on ebay:

KGrHqNncFKeyCEzBQD5qcqj3w60_3.jpg

T2eC16h8E9s4l90lTBQD5pjcVRQ60_3.jpg

KGrHqFhkE3JQ3FYBQD5pp6ZIQ60_3.jpg

Here's an original screen used henley for comparison. Not bad if I don't say so myself.

A0221.jpg

I saw this on ebay, I was going to bid on them but at that time it was over $140, crazy. They look pretty spot on too, but they are all extra smalls and their from the 40's...when people were smaller then they are today. Good luck putting them on lol.

Wow, glad to see everyone still hard at work on their costumes. I am just missing the watch and the sunglasses but I am getting bogged down by other things so I'll have to settle for what I have. GREAT find on the henleys though.

COOL! Those henleys are spot on. I've been looking for one of those too!

I just bought a Steady Jacket. I don't know why everyone complains about the quality, it looks and fits great. I really like the fabrics and the scorpian is sick!

Anyone have a watch they'd sell?

Last edited:

Sounds really great can't wait to see what it turns out like. I was just thinking that a talent 3D modeller should have no problem replicating an acurate dial amd hands to suit your watch,instead of waiting for something close to come along. I mean Patek dials are hundred in their own right.

I found a picture of a fairly close-ish vintage wristwatch and am in the process of trying to ID the make. As you can see the only thing that would need to change to be screen acurate is the dial. Anyone have a clue for this one?

I'm also trying to get into contact with someone that has an actual Patek replica just like Goslings, but I am still waiting on a reply. Fingers crossed with this one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back