DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

Keep in mind that this is just a licensed mass market version and not a replica. I wasn't expecting anything more than a capture of the look.

If the scorpion isn't going to have the stitching on top, I wonder if a tailor could continue the stitching over the embroidery. I mean, I don't think it would be that hard...

If the scorpion isn't going to have the stitching on top, I wonder if a tailor could continue the stitching over the embroidery. I mean, I don't think it would be that hard...

I was also thinking about that. Guy who tailors for me could do it but if the scorpion itself is too thick I don't think it would be possible.

They said that the jacket is exactly the same as the one from the movie.. lets hope so! :)

Levi's Made in the USA Slim Fit Trucker Jacket - Raw Selvedge - Made in the USA

So, after some diggin, this is the actual trucker jacket he wore. Its not the other, lighter wash jackets because only the selvedge trucker has the brown buttons/rivets seen in the film. The costume department took a selvdge and washed it to create the faded effect.

Also, during the Garage and Stock Car race scene (where he first meets bernie rose) he is wearing dark green Dockers k_1

I am pretty sure it's the raw selvedge. If you throw unwashed selvage in the washer and dryer it looks like this... I mean, you kinda have to ruin the jacket for that faded/ washed look...

I got a hold of Get Go Retro earlier and had a good conversation with the Cathy about the jacket. She informed me that Gosling wore a SMALL during the movie, she talked to someone who bought one of the bloodstained versions and it was a S. I think I made the right decision buying a small on this one, since I don't think I'm far off from his measurements.

We also talked about the return policy, and it sounds great. She mentioned once this second run is sold out they will start taking more orders for January so the chances of not being able to get the right size aren't very likely.

I got a hold of Get Go Retro earlier and had a good conversation with the Cathy about the jacket. She informed me that Gosling wore a SMALL during the movie, she talked to someone who bought one of the bloodstained versions and it was a S. I think I made the right decision buying a small on this one, since I don't think I'm far off from his measurements.

We also talked about the return policy, and it sounds great. She mentioned once this second run is sold out they will start taking more orders for January so the chances of not being able to get the right size aren't very likely.

Thanks for that info Adam! There were a few things in there i was wondering about.

Glad I ordered a small as well...now just need to get the denim jacket and the shades! Not to mention a Carey Mulligan and a Christina Hendricks... ;-)

Also, anyone have any leads on his brown duffel bag used in the precredits scene or his black belt with square buckle?

no but we could always ask Mrs. Benach

mulligan-gosling-drive-01.jpg

Ryan Gosling's Style in Drive - Erin Benach Interview - GQ Film - GQ.COM (UK)

The Golden Closet: Drive (2011)

sure that will be of use to someone, also below is everything ive discovered from trying to perfect matches for the screen used costume. could save you a lot of time and effort.

watch is custom made patek philippe replica been searching for hours for the exact one. Theres nothing even that close to the screen used one.
Boots are Stacy Adams Madison Cap-toe with alot of weathering, very hard to find for me in the uk so going to try something similar from either topman or river island.
White tshirt is a 1940's army deadstock so very little chance of seeing one of these.
the denim truck jacket is i think an older version of the one someone linked here earlier, but it was also modded for the film as were the jeans.
driving gloves are custom

If someone finds a very close match to the watch please share.

tom

Ryan Gosling's Style in Drive - Erin Benach Interview - GQ Film - GQ.COM (UK)

The Golden Closet: Drive (2011)

the denim truck jacket is i think an older version of the one someone linked here earlier, but it was also modded for the film...

If someone finds a very close match to the watch please share.

tom

The trucker jacket is "modern fit" and is currently available, I bought it and it fits awesome. Looks identical to screen used.

Close watch if you switch the band; Skagen Denmark Mens Leather Watch

I'm working with a friend on a psd/pspimage file of the scorpion on the jacket. I'm trying to piece it together as well, and decided just making the image and then doing some vector work to add shading like that in the embroidery. I'm going to print it on printer-fabric and go from there in adding it to my jacket.
Would anyone like the image when I'm done? It shouldn't be long for my friend to finish cleaning up the edges. Then I'm doing the shading. I guess if any of you want it, feel free to message/email me and I'll get it to you as soon as possible. :)

So, after some diggin, this is the actual trucker jacket he wore. Its not the other, lighter wash jackets because only the selvedge trucker has the brown buttons/rivets seen in the film. The costume department took a selvdge and washed it to create the faded effect.

I thought the costume designer said in the GQ article it was a vintage Levi's jacket they had tailored for Gosling. Which I'm pretty sure is correct because his jacket has brass buttons and lacks the welt pockets of the modern/currently available jackets.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back