DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

been following this forum all week. finally signed up. i cannot wait to get my hands on this jacket. a little disappointed that it won't be available before halloween, but i want it none the less; it will be a part of my daily attire. my only concern is the size; if they don't sell a youth medium, i'm SOL and will lose my mind.

and anyway how many folks in your city do you think will wear that jacket? Seriously not that much or none.

I live in California and Downtown LA (where "Drive" is primarily set) is where I both work AND play. I think if folks saw me wearing the Steady jacket, they'd think I was trying too hard.

That being said, I can't WAIT until Steady starts selling their jacket :love

Now...where can one find a creepy skinhead mask?

...that's why you need to have it made to measure. ;)

Indy, apologize if I missed this, what do you think the price point for your custom jacket would be?

I saw the price is like $175 for the "official" jacket, which seems pretty fair.

I would be willing to pay more than that if you think your custom jacket would be of higher built quality/fitment.

What do you think about that?

I've been following the rpf for a while too and just signed up recently. Gotta say I'm loving the enthusiasm about the jacket, saw Drive last week and loved it too! Gonna try to make a passable attempt at cobbling together my own for halloween, hopefully it will at least be recognisable :/ I'd definitely be interested in getting a screen-accurate one afterwards though!

Oh and FakeBritishAccent, I think somebody posted a link to the actual mask earlier, it can be bought here, as long as you're willing to drop 800 clams on one! ;)

been following this forum all week. finally signed up. i cannot wait to get my hands on this jacket. a little disappointed that it won't be available before halloween, but i want it none the less; it will be a part of my daily attire. my only concern is the size; if they don't sell a youth medium, i'm SOL and will lose my mind.

Haha size is one of my concerns too, but i think i should be fine. It's gotta be form-fit just like in the movie though! But for you, i will pray they have a youth medium :thumbsup

Our version is $350 shipped, can be made in any color with any design on the back. Once the first one is finished I'll post a thread in the junkyard.

I also discovered this site while looking for this jacket. There's certainly some really talented people here.

Anyways, the Steady Clothing jacket really interests me, however I've never ordered clothing online. I usually buy jackets medium, though they tend to be a bit bigger for me, but at least I can try them on. Here, I'm not sure if I should go for small or medium. I'm about 5' 5'', and pretty slim. What would you guys recommend? I usually prefer sleeves that cover part of my hands, which is why I lean towards mediums. But if that means the shoulders will look odd, or it's too long, then I'd prefer small (but I never know how small "small" is).

I'd definitely prefer Indy's jacket, though I'm not sure I'd be willing to spend that much on a jacket. I'm sure it's a completely reasonable price, and I'd still highly consider it once I saw the prototype.

Am I the one who can't register for the pre-order news update on the Steady clothing site?

Nope I couldn't register either. I am excited about Indy's jacket because I know it will be quality but I think the price will have to hold me back :cry. I want 2 versions of this jacket. 1 fresh and clean and the other with the blood splatter.

I was having trouble with the newsletter sign up, so I used the sign up at the top of the page and it worked fine.

Get Go Retro seems to allow you to pre-order it.

Original Drive Scorpion Jacket | Ryan Gosling | Drive Jacket

The price is a bit lower there, though with shipping (for me in Canada at least) it's about $170.

Nice. For me to purchase and get shipped it is $155.95. Hmmm. I'm just curious to how these will really look. If anyone is interested here is the brand of gloves he wore.
http://store.gaspargloves.com/-strse-349/Driving-Gloves/Detail.bok

Been following this for about a week now, im looking to get this jacket also.

Is it fair to say everyone is having trouble signing up for the newsletter?

Also if you can pre-order it from Get Go Retro are they a reliable website? I just dont wanna give my money to just anyone.

I haven't yet, waiting for some information on sizes. Though if the site says "As an authorized seller for Steady Clothing", they could be as reliable as Steady Clothing.

Last edited:
I just joined the site after trying to find this jacket. I'm very excited to get one. I also ordered the license plates they used in the movie. It has become one of my personal favorites and have seen it 3 times in the movies already. And you guys did a great job with the scorpion!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back