DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

There is no way we'll be able to have one of these done by Halloween. It's possible we could have a prototype ready by then, but if the pattern needs tweaking, etc, they'll be no time left. If anyone wants one bad enough for Halloween, we could give it a go, but I can't guarantee we'll get all the details perfect first time out.

Kind regards,
Indy

I mean I'll pay for it , if it looks just like the jacket in the movie. doesn't even need the Scorpian on the back! it it looks like the one from the movie and fits like it too! I'm happy! how would you guys be in remaking 1940's Henley shirts?! like the one he wears in the movie?

If I want one for Halloween, with the scorpion, how much will it be? Still 395 even though we're expecting it not to be perfect?

Thanks.

Anyone who would like to commission one of these or have specific questions, please e-mail me: indy_magnoli at yahoo dot com.

The fabric looks to be Tackle Twill also known as PolyPro Twill. It's actually the fabric people uses for the Boba Fett vest, but they use Grey. Here is the webpage, you would need "white". It's a satin fabric. The more I see the pics, the more I think it's Polypro Twill.

Webster Fabric

First time on this site, but after searching far and wide for some information on getting a replica of the jacket (after first seeing this a few months ago), I luckily found this fourm:

Someone mentioned calling Richard Lim directly to inquire about a quote, I did, and was told to email what turns out to be costume designer for the film, Erin Benach. Apparently -- and I guess this shouldn't come as a surprise -- the design's been copyrighted.

Is it worth hitting her up to see if...what exactly? Lol. I certainly can't ask her to make one. I'm just not entirely sure why I'm contacting her and the quickness w/ which she (the woman I spoke to on the phone) suggested this makes me wonder if they're actually allowed to recreate these at all. Like, do I email her for permission to ask High Society to make one? I don't know how this works, but it doesn't sound like it works that way at all.

Monsieur Indy Magnoli, you might be my guy. :p

For my birthday I decided I'd celebrate by getting myself one of these jackets, haha. Any reason I can think of to buy something else...

I was thinking this jacket would look really great with a Spiderman spider on the back. The customization options are endless!

[...]I've spent the morning reconstructing the scorpion. Here's the two-color design laid out onto the quilt stitch pattern:

drive-scorpion-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! It still needs a tiny but of tweaking though, doesn't it? That.. whisker looking thing on the left needs a bit if reshaping. Looks amazing.

great find.

Btw, for those in need of the jacket for Halloween,American Apparel sells unisex white satin jacket . However, you would have to stitch a black collar, some black trimming on the side and on the cuffs,and the scorpion on the back.
serve.asp

I was about to post the same exact jacket. Good find :thumbsup

Here is a link for those interested. Ivory is in stock, and probably the most accurate, but they do make it in silver, but its mostly out of stock.

Satin Charmeuse Night Jacket | Shop American Apparel

I was about to post the same exact jacket. Good find :thumbsup

Here is a link for those interested. Ivory is in stock, and probably the most accurate, but they do make it in silver, but its mostly out of stock.

Satin Charmeuse Night Jacket | Shop American Apparel

I own the white one and it looks good. I wear it over a black jacket in order to get a black collar and cuffs. The only thing is that the jacket is quite cheap and doesn't hold well.

Has anyone emailed or called Richard Lim ? Its kinda hard to get these jackets out for halloween?! you know. I feel they will release it or Gosling would not have mentioned the halloween costume idea. I just think if they do the Official Jackets will cost a penny and a bit. Any thought?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back